ALL >> Health >> View Article
The Nitty Gritty Details About Dental Implants In Colorado Springs
Total Articles: 24
Okay, so the news of dental implants has spread. You’ve heard it from your friend who heard it from their friend who heard it from their wife, but now you want to know the real deal. Although the grapevine has provided enough information to tantalize your taste buds, it hasn’t really told you the preparation, the time required or the ingredients that go in to this innovative recipe.
So let’s start at the beginning…
The Components that Make up Dental Implants:
i)The implant/s (the number of implants varies according to the number of teeth missing): The implant is a titanium screw that replaces the root of the missing tooth.
ii)The abutment: The abutment is the piece that attaches to the top of the implant and serves to secure the visible tooth replacement in place.
iii)The ceramic crown (if only one or two teeth are missing) or a fixed prosthetic bridge (when entire dental arch is being replaced): The crown or prosthetic bridge is the restoration that looks and functions like your teeth and is fixed onto the abutment.
Now that you know what the recipe contains, let’s find out how to put it all together. The first step is a consultation with your oral surgeon in Colorado Springs to decide on the best course of treatment for your specific case. There are numerous treatment options with dental implants, which vary according to the number of teeth you are missing as well as the health of your jawbone, so consult with your dentist to decide on one that is right for you.
The next step is the placement of the implant/s. This part of the treatment takes place while you are under local or general anesthetic, so that you are kept completely comfortable and pain-free while you are receiving your new teeth. During this appointment, the dental implant/s will be gently placed and the abutment screw attached.
You will receive a temporary crown or bridge at this point so that you can go home and give your mouth some time to heal, as well as let the implants integrate with your jawbone. After a few weeks and once everything is well on its way to healing, the dental implant treatment will be completed by attaching your permanent ceramic crown/s or fixed prosthetic bridge to the abutment/s.
A Timeline of the Procedure:
The length of time allotted for the treatment of dental implant in Colorado Springs varies, as there is an assortment of implant options. Most of these options allow everything to be done in one day while others take a little longer. As mentioned before, these are dependent on the patient and the specific case they present with.
Stirred, Baked and Ready to Eat!
So there you have it! The recipe to a fabulous smile! The dental implant dentist in Colorado Springs offers you a solution to all the complications and challenges that come with missing teeth. Now you can pass your newfound knowledge back down the grapevine; only this time, you can do it with a full set of teeth that will allow you to enjoy all your favorite foods and even that batch of freshly baked cookies!
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel