ALL >> Web-Hosting >> View Article
Motivations Behind Ddos Attacks
Total Articles: 5
Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack targets those organizations that are linked to the cyber world through the internet. It’s difficult to identify the axact reasons, motivations or the objectives of DDoS attacks because of the secret sources controlling the computers that send false traffic requests to the target. Nevertheless, there are some common motivations behind DDoS attacks. Here we define some of the common reasons of these attacks so that you can start realizing your capacity to act in response to DDoS attacks.
One of the most common reasons of DDoS attacks is Extortion. It’s actually hijacking the victim’s network or internet services and demanding ransom. People do it for money.
Enmity is another reason of DDoS attacks. It’s like a gang war. Both the rivals try to disrupt each others’ operations and network infrastructure. Since DDoS is one of the most hazardous threats, they use it as a weapon against each other.
Everything is fair in love, war and competition. Sometimes cyber criminals get involved in anti-business activities and try to take down competitor’s website or servers through DDoS attack.
If you are doing something that is undesirable for another business (e.g. spamming etc) and impacting their services then watch out, you could be penalized for it. They might choose DDoS attack to punish you.
DDoS attacks can be initiated by the attackers to affect the companies that reveal unwanted information or content such as political, economical etc.
Hactivists test the grounds for future DDoS attacks. Sometimes they only target the organizations to improve the potential of large DDoS attacks for future.
In-time handling of DDoS attack is necessary for your organization’s life. There could be many other reasons behind these malicious attacks which the organizations never get the chance to find out. The best solution is to realize how vicious a DDoS attack is and how important DDoS protection is. Large or small, every firm is equally vulnerable to DDoS attacks. There are many organizations providing DDoS mitigation & DDoS protection services. Pull your socks up, make a list of companies providing anti-DDoS services and go ahead with them to protect your organization from external intrusions.
Alice Merry is a Sr technical writer at ddos protection company, blockdos.net. He writes and shares his technical experience about the virus, trojan, dos, ddos and all about cyber attacks.
Web Hosting Articles1. The New Age Digital Money
2. Business Email Hosting - Your Partner In Success
Author: bagful editor
3. Downtime Issues In Cloud: How To Protect Websites?
4. Using Webhooks In Website Monitoring
5. Function And Importance Of Website Monitoring
Author: Gary Martin
6. 4 Factors For Choosing The Best Ios & Android App Development Company
7. Voip A Perfect Choice For All Sized Business
Author: sachin kumar
8. Important Website Metrics That Need Monitoring
9. Why Managed Colocation Services Are The Best Idea For New-age Companies
10. Cheap And Reliable Managed Linux Vps Hosting Plans With Free Domain
Author: Deepak Sinah
11. The Downsides Of Using Mashups For Websites
12. Free Web Hosting Vs. Paid Hosting – Why Paid Is Better?
Author: Md Shawon
13. What Is Web Hosting And What Do We Get From Cheap Web Hosting
Author: Sumit Gadre
14. How To Benefit From Windows Dedicated Server?
15. What Are The Benefits Of Good Graphic Design?
Author: John Mathew