ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
Get Acquainted Before Veering From Drupal 7 To Drupal 8
Total Articles: 21
Drupal is ready for the next release of the following version of Drupal 7, to Drupal 8 in 2013. This speculative information revealed by the community and it caught the attention right and revolving around the web arena, as it is found in almost every software development blogs. Like any other new release, this release of Drupal 8 is also exciting and we make our immediate plans switch our CMS current version to this advanced version. Diving into the new CMS versions would be more fruitful, if it is done after getting acquainted with that.
What is that ‘more’?
Drupal 8 is going to be packed with the advanced and enhanced features like better front-end performance, administration that is mobile friendly, multiple language support, enhanced authoring system, new blocks and layouts, initiation of configuration management. Most important of all, it is going to be well incorporated with HTML 5, which will be another excited reason for the switch.
Drupal 8 is also going to take some time to get stable and mature, like other software. It would certainly take time to collect the modules and integrate them etc. It is going to be a viable option for the development venture, allowing good ease of critical tasks of the website.
Initially, it is important to jot down on a paper about what the present critical challenges, the development tasks have been facing and what are the future ventures and developments you are expecting. That is the best way, you could fit the match of your requirements to the new features of Drupal 8. Before you dive to pull out the socks and revamp your website, the following necessary changes and developments are to be made.
1. Modular: The entire code would be split into modules and small pieces by the new version of Drupal, and that is where the need of the process of customizing and coding would be as modular as possible according to the requirement.
2. Render with present functionalities: The right time to experiment the development with the new functionalities should be after getting the new version to be stable. At this point of time, it is better not to try new or unique functionalities, instead of core functionalities.
3. Limited and right modules: It is always recommended to choose as less as possible modules as it does not hamper the loading of the website. At the same time, choose the modules which have become already stable and being employed in more than 10,000 active sites.
4. Flux Area, be cautious: Major development and enhancement that you think of regarding, mobile and multiple language supports may force the circumstances to rebuild specific areas and modules. Wait for a few more days, if you are planning to do so to take the decision upon unveil of the new Drupal 8 release.
The considerable time taken to get its stable version is good for you to rework and revamp the new development model for your website.
Web Design Articles1. How To Choose A Best Web Design Company
Author: Madan Kumar
2. Significance Of Website Speed Optimisation
3. Why Need An Event App For Your Event?
4. Utilizing Touch Displays To Reinforce Client Experience
5. Touch Screen Kiosks And Their Many Benefits
6. Top Advantages Associated With Using A Conference Mobile App For Any Meeting
7. Tips To Selecting The Best Iphone Audio Event Application – Top Must Have Features
8. The Reason Why You’re Event Would Need The App?
9. Online Digital Screen Kiosks – The New Business Trendy
10. Mobile App Development To Take Your Businesses Ahead
11. Mobile App Developer - Why Your Business Must Have One
12. How To Get The Best Augmented Reality Company For Ar Application Development?
13. How To Choose The Best Software Development Firm
14. Effective Digital Signs Is A Team Effort
15. Digital Signage - 3 Useful Rules To Succeed