ALL >> Web-Design >> View Article
Get Acquainted Before Veering From Drupal 7 To Drupal 8
Total Articles: 21
Drupal is ready for the next release of the following version of Drupal 7, to Drupal 8 in 2013. This speculative information revealed by the community and it caught the attention right and revolving around the web arena, as it is found in almost every software development blogs. Like any other new release, this release of Drupal 8 is also exciting and we make our immediate plans switch our CMS current version to this advanced version. Diving into the new CMS versions would be more fruitful, if it is done after getting acquainted with that.
What is that ‘more’?
Drupal 8 is going to be packed with the advanced and enhanced features like better front-end performance, administration that is mobile friendly, multiple language support, enhanced authoring system, new blocks and layouts, initiation of configuration management. Most important of all, it is going to be well incorporated with HTML 5, which will be another excited reason for the switch.
Drupal 8 is also going to take some time to get stable and mature, like other software. It would certainly take time to collect the modules and integrate them etc. It is going to be a viable option for the development venture, allowing good ease of critical tasks of the website.
Initially, it is important to jot down on a paper about what the present critical challenges, the development tasks have been facing and what are the future ventures and developments you are expecting. That is the best way, you could fit the match of your requirements to the new features of Drupal 8. Before you dive to pull out the socks and revamp your website, the following necessary changes and developments are to be made.
1. Modular: The entire code would be split into modules and small pieces by the new version of Drupal, and that is where the need of the process of customizing and coding would be as modular as possible according to the requirement.
2. Render with present functionalities: The right time to experiment the development with the new functionalities should be after getting the new version to be stable. At this point of time, it is better not to try new or unique functionalities, instead of core functionalities.
3. Limited and right modules: It is always recommended to choose as less as possible modules as it does not hamper the loading of the website. At the same time, choose the modules which have become already stable and being employed in more than 10,000 active sites.
4. Flux Area, be cautious: Major development and enhancement that you think of regarding, mobile and multiple language supports may force the circumstances to rebuild specific areas and modules. Wait for a few more days, if you are planning to do so to take the decision upon unveil of the new Drupal 8 release.
The considerable time taken to get its stable version is good for you to rework and revamp the new development model for your website.
Web Design Articles1. Understanding The Web Development Business Of Startups
Author: Mars web
2. User Experience Forms An Integral Part Of Website Designing
Author: Purav Jain
3. Creative Custom Stationary Designs & Business Stationary Design
Author: Philip Designs
4. Mobile Website Design In London
5. A Premium Online Store Deserves Premium Opencart Themes
Author: Francis McFarlane
6. The Web Design Services You Choose The Boost The Success Of Your Business
Author: Rose Carter
7. Digital Designing An Elementary Aspect Of Online Marketing
Author: Purav Jain
8. Reliable Seo Firms: Tips While Selecting Your Seo Company
9. Achieve The Business Success Goals With The Right Web Design Professional
Author: steve robert
10. How Much Does A Website Redesign Cost?
Author: Captivate Designs
11. Tips To Choose The Best Web Development Company
Author: Henry Smith
12. Choosing The Right Colorado Seo Design Specialist
Author: Gabriel Fulton
13. Hire Dedicated And Experienced Joomla Developer For High Feature Website
Author: steve robert
14. Advantages Of Ecommerce Web Development
Author: Mars Web
15. Reasons Companies Use Services Of Staffing Agencies
Author: Tim Donnelly