ALL >> Health >> View Article
Best Ways To Show Support To Spouse With Cancer
Total Articles: 32
Things have been different immediately after your husband was diagnosed with cancer. He cried in disappointment. He began to have uncertainties. He became short-tempered. Sometimes, you just wish everything will get back to the way it used to be - but it will not. Both of you have to face the fact that he has cancer. However, you can make things easier for him in a lot of techniques. Below are the best ways to show support to spouse with cancer:
Hold and give him a hug every day.
Whenever possible, hold him in his hand. This will make him feel that you care and that you are one in the battle. Give him a hug also. This will somehow unload him of his burdens. You need not say a word. You do not have to discuss the issue about his cancer over and over again and tell him that you and the rest of the family are with him. Sometimes, a simple gesture of love is enough to make him feel better.
Listen to him.
You know your spouse more than anyone else. You know when he is willing to talk and when he is not. If he shows signs that he wants to communicate but finds it difficult to start, you can begin the conversation with a smile. Tell him that you are here to listen. Do not cut him off while he is talking. Speak only when you know it is necessary or when he is finished. Allowing your partner to say what is inside his heart and mind is your way of not only showing you are supportive of him but also of lifting his spirits.
Accompany him to the hospital.
May it be doctor visits or medical treatments, it is important that you are with him every time. Listen to what the doctor says; take down notes if necessary. Monitor the phases of the treatment program, as well as his progress. Follow doctor’s instructions, particularly with diet and medicines. Update him with his condition, particularly if he is showing positive developments.
Seek the help of both of your immediate families.
Among the best ways to show support to spouse with cancer is to inform both of your families about his condition. It is for you to gauge if your husband will appreciate being in front of them as you tell them about his cancer or not. What matters most is that you can ask them to go to your place every weekend and have fun in the backyard through picnics.
Do not lock him at home.
If he is not restricted by his doctor to go outside, do the same things that you used to do. Watch movies together, shop for clothes, buy grocery items, and attend school and community meetings. All these will make him feel that his life is still normal.
Above items are the best ways to show support to spouse with cancer. But remember that amidst all these, you have the whole family to take care of. Never forget that you have a career. It is better if you work at home or you do not have to follow the 8am-5pm office time. In this way, you will be able to juggle your responsibilities with your husband, job and the kids.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important