ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Lexington Group Reports China Leads Gains In The Region After Positive Reports
Total Articles: 20
Most Asian markets performed well as investors in the region hope that the US Federal Reserve will delay tapering of its $85 billion a month bond buying program as well as positive reports from Chinese firms. The Shanghai Composite Index climbed 1.9%, on Monday; its biggest gain in two weeks following a statement from the National Bureau of Statistics, saying that the country is on track to reach its growth target of 7.5% for the year.
In Hong Kong, the Hang Seng Index climbed 0.7%. in Seoul the Kospi rose 1%, and in Australia the S&P/ASX 200 finished up slightly, rising 0.2%, while in Tokyo the Nikkei Stock Average fell 0.2%.
Japanese property developers performed well, after a local newspaper reported that the housing market was beginning to strengthen due to the benefits of government stimulus and housing purchases before the consumption tax rises in April. Both Mitsui Fudosan Co. and Mitsubishi Estate Co. rose 1%.
The delay of tapering by the US Federal Reserve drove oil and gold futures higher, which in turn boosted stocks in the resource sector. In Australia Gold mining giant Newcrest Mining Ltd. climbed 4.9% and Kingsgate Consolidated Ltd. soared 6%. In Seoul, Korea Zinc Co. took 5.3%, and Zinjin Mining Group Co. gained 2.4% in Shanghai and 1.6% in Hong Kong. Oil refiner China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. rose 1.9% and 1.6% in Hong Kong and Shanghai respectively, following the report of a 24% increase in first half of the year profits.
Lender China Construction Bank Corp. picked up 0.9% in Shanghai and 0.7% in Hong Kong after reporting a 13% rise in first half of the year profits.
Business Articles1. Top Reasons To Buy A Lamborghini Aventador Super Car
Author: Jason Jones
2. What Are The Most Common Carpet Stains At Your Oahu Home?
3. Our Mission - Cjs Haritha Homes
4. The Shared Fibers Wallet In-depth Review
Author: Lao Yutang
5. The Worst Things About Orlando Wedding Photography That Budding Wedding Photographers Must Take Into
Author: Vikram Kumar
6. Get The Right Ceo Mailing Lists For Your B2b Targeted Marketing
Author: germany email datasupply
7. Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning In Newport Beach
8. Meishen Hold A Contest Of Tug-of-war
Author: hu Allen
9. Avail Budget Interior Designers In Bangalore For Best Services
10. Looking For Quality Dietitian Leads To Grow Your Business? Switch To Averickmedia
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Buy Most Noteworthy Quality Upvc Item On-line
Author: sandip m
12. Burnerindo Teknik Utama
13. Huge Profits In Carpet Cleaning Business
14. Tips For Buying Shin Pads For Kids
Author: Sahah Chan
15. High-quality Yet Affordable Plumbing Services In Durban
Author: Donald Frank