ALL >> Health >> View Article
Dr. Kevin Lam Reviews: Prevention And Care Of Smelly Foot
Total Articles: 150
Do you always think twice to take off your shoes at other people’s home because of smelly feet? Are your family members are bothering because of your stinky feet? Whatever the reason is, foot odor could be a great problem for people that should be treated at right moment. Understanding the causes of stinky feet and its possible treatment is always important. The podiatrists can offer modern treatments in order to cure smelly foot problem.
Causes of Smelly feet:
Smelly feet can be caused primarily due to the lack of ventilation in your shoe. Human feet have around 250,000 sweat glands that produce more than a pint of sweat in a single day. If this amount of moisture is kept protected inside the shoe, it is sure to become smelly. Mainly people get smelly feet when this perspiration doesn’t get place to evaporate. Bacteria that lives in the skin causes bad smell as they produce isovaleric acid. Apart from that, Athlete’s Foot, another common foot disorder is responsible smelly foot condition. Other reasons that are responsible for the odor is certain medications, chronic disease, poor hygiene, and even wearing poor quality shoes.
With the improvement of podiatric treatment today you can very easily cure smelly feet situation. The chief way that you can use to prevent this condition is to reduce the amount of sweat captured in your shoes. You can follow some useful instructions in order to prevent this problem:
• Wash your toe properly with soap rubbing it with care. While washing your leg you need to take care so that all the bacteria, dead cell, and fungus are removed. You can use a washcloth or brush and an anti-bacterial soap.
• Keep your toe completely dry. Whether it is water or sweat, a moisture skin is the place of bacteria. Bacteria causes odor, so you need to take time and dry your toe thoroughly.
• Use deodorant regularly. You can use the same deodorant in your foot that you use in your underarms. You just need to apply separate deodorant stick for each area.
• Try to use open-toed shoes that keep your toe open for ventilation. This is the ideal way to keep your feet cool and to prevent sweat. Even when your toe produces perspiration, it will evaporate soon making the skin dry.
• In case if it is not possible to use open air sandals, especially for the office goers, you can use leather or canvas shoes that allow your toe feel airy. This would surely prevent odor in your shoes.
• Take a stick of antiperspirant and rub it on your toes. You can also use antiperspirant spray for this. This will react on the electrolytes that present in the sweat and help to produce gel plugs. Gel plugs actually assists to block off your sweat ducts.
Apart from that there are so many other remedies of stinky feet and odor. When the common procedures to cure odor don’t work for you, you should immediately consult a podiatrist.
Dr. Kevin Lam at Family Foot and Leg Center (FFLC) offers cutting edge technology and surgical innovation in podiatry. Dr. Kevin Lam Naples Florida clinic offers complete foot and lower leg solutions in the Naples area. All the FFLC doctors are chosen lecturers to other DPM's and MD's in the field of foot and ankle surgery. You can read Dr. Kevin Lam reviews online to get customer feedbacks in regards to his treatment.
For more information: http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Lam.Kevin.Dpm.Aacfas.239-430-3668/review/list
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat