ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Florida Homes And Termites Is A Dangerous Combination
Total Articles: 41
There are some areas of the country where you can go your entire life without seeing single sign of termites on or near your property. Unfortunately for residents of Florida, this is not the case. Florida is one of the few states that register with high levels of termite infestations. It is important for Florida residents to be serious and vigilant about these termite problems thanks to the ideal termite conditions in the state. Understanding more about what you might be facing, though, can be helpful.
Types of Termites
There are four different kinds of termites throughout the state of Florida, but most homeowners only ever face infestation from two of them: the subterranean termite and the drywood termite. In the middle part of the state, subterranean termites are king. In the coastal areas, drywood termites tend to reign supreme.
Subterranean termites tend to live in colonies that are well hidden underground, and they look for cellulose, which they can obtain from wood. Once they find a food source, they leave a scent trail behind for the other termites to follow, and if that food source is your home, you can bet you’ll have plenty of them to deal with quickly.
Drywood termites live only in the wood. They don’t have to have any real contact with the soil. They get their moisture as they digest the cellulose, so those DIY soil treatments just don’t work with this variety. They will often create a number of colonies in just one spot. These termite swarms are most often activated thanks to spring and summer rains.
Protecting Your Home
There are some things you can do on your own to protect your home from termites. If you’re building a new home, there are various products that can be sprayed on the wood before it’s ever put in your new home to help prevent an infestation. You can also make certain to take care of any leaks right away, trim trees and bushes away from your home, and store firewood well away from your house.
Beyond those simple measures, though, the best way to prevent termites is to contact a termite pest control service. Termite infestations are one of the few things that you should not attempt to fix yourself. They can not only evaluate your home initially, but also offer you an outdoor pest control package that will help keep your home safe in the years to come.
Termite exterminators know the risk to Florida homeowners is high. Termite exterminators have special knowledge is needed about where they typically hide and what amount of chemicals to use to rid them without making you or your pets ill. Contact a Brevard County termite and pest control company such as Slug-A-Bug for help in preventing a serious infestation as well as regular maintenance to ensure no future infestations now.
Article Source: Slug-A-Bug
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi