ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
What Is The Difference Between Second-hand And Reconditioned Parts?
Total Articles: 399
The market for second-hand and reconditioned auto parts in Australia today is growing rapidly, as car owners faced with a major vehicle repair or service search for smart, cost-effective options for replacement vehicle parts.
Identifying parts to be replaced
Once you’ve identified the parts that need to be replaced, it can be confusing to understand the terminology surrounding the second-hand and recycled auto parts market. It’s important to understand exactly what you’re buying when choosing a used car part compared to a new one, what you can expect to pay, which warranties apply and the quality and life expectancy of the part itself. There are differences in the quality and price between recycled and second-hand auto parts as a result of the degree of handling and processes involved, and this is reflected in the standard of the parts and the warranties offered on them.
A used or second hand auto part has come from a used car and has been cleaned and serviced and deemed to be of high quality, in good working order and suitable for sale and safe use. A reputable auto parts dealer will be able to seek out salvaged parts from late model vehicles that have low mileage which are bought sometimes from insurance companies and car dealerships. Ideally, a good salvaged or second hand part will have near-to original equipment manufacturer parts in terms of quality and functionality. A second hand part is usually a cost-effective option compared to both new and recycled parts. Short-term warranties on second-hand parts will usually be available and will vary from dealer to dealer as to the valid period, conditions, labour and extension options. Auto parts recyclers usually work in a network of other dealers, so if a particular recycled or second-hand part is needed they will be able to source a good quality part for your needs without you having to shop around further.
Recycled and factory reconditioned auto parts
A recycled or factory reconditioned auto part has come from a used vehicle and in the process of reconditioning has been fully cleaned, serviced and upgraded to optimum working order. A reconditioned part is essentially a recreation of the original; it has been fully tested for safety and function, deemed to be of high quality and therefore fit for sale. Commonly found reconditioned auto parts include bumper bars, headlights, manual gearboxes, automatic transmissions, differentials, steering boxes, racks and pumps and cylinder heads. Ideally, recycled and reconditioned auto parts are original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts which have been carefully extracted from vehicles which are often bought at auction and dismantled in high tech facilities by the auto recycler. Recycled auto parts are handled by expert technicians and go through a stringent quality assurance and safety check before being sold. Reconditioned parts from reputable auto parts recyclers are recognised as being of comparable quality and functionality as the original parts. A recycled auto part is generally a more expensive option than a second-hand part, though it may still be up to 50% cheaper than purchasing a new part of almost identical function and quality.
Talk to your local auto parts dealer or mechanic for the best recycled or second-hand auto parts options for your vehicle today.
Article Credit: http://www.yellowpages.com.au
Automobiles Articles1. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
2. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
3. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
4. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
5. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
9. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
10. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
11. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
12. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
13. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
14. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point