ALL >> Business >> View Article
Diwali – Journey Of Life, From Darkness Towards Light
Total Articles: 20
‘Deep’means ‘light’ and ‘avail’ means ‘row’ and combined together ‘Deepavali’ means ‘row of lights.’Deepavali, most commonly known as ‘Diwali’, is celebrated across the country with great zeal and enthusiasm. This is probably the only festival that is celebrated for different reasons among various communities in India and abroad. The most common belief is that Diwali is celebrated to welcome Lord Rama, his wife Sita and brother Lakshmana to Ayodhya from a 14-year exile in forest. During this time, Rama killed Ravana, king of demons, and people celebrate Diwali by lighting diyas and candles to mark the victory of good over evil. However, today fancy lights have taken over diyas and candles. Other notable reasons for celebrating Diwali include conquering of Bali by Vishnu and killing of AsuraNaraka by Lord Krishna.
Houses and offices are cleaned and decorated with bulbs anddiyas, sweets and gifts are exchanged and above all Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha are worshipped. It is supposed on Diwali that Lord Vishnu and Lakshmi got married and thus people worship Lakshmi to bring wealth and prosperity. However, it is still not known to many why Ganesha is worshipped alongside Lakshmi instead of Vishnu on Diwali. It is widely believed that while adopting Ganesha from Goddess Parvati and to show love and affection, Lakshmi assured Parvati that whosoever worshipping Lakshmi will have to pray Ganesha as well in order to get his/her wish granted. This is the reason why Lakshmi and Ganesha are always worshipped together.
It is always good to know our traditions and roots as to why Diwali is celebrated, especially at a time when our younger generation is getting far and away from it. They associate Diwali as just another festival of joy where every moment has to be cherished to keep their spirits high in an otherwise fast and hectic life. They indulge in visiting and sending out gifts to their loved ones. Markets flood with various options such as sweets, consumer electronics, home decorationitems, paintings, designer lights, stylish diyasand perfumed candles.
As if this was destined to happen, the hectic pace of life seems to have found its new ways of shopping that save time and effort. One of the ways is online shopping where people have vast choices and save considerable time that can be spent with family and friends. Today, various online merchants are available that bring most of the items close to you which are just few clicks away. Online shopping is flourishing and booming in India with significant headroom to grow in the near term. Many online portals like Flipkart, Ebay, ArtsNyou, among many others are giving amazing discounts for various articles which can be considered as Diwali gifts.
Business Articles1. Tiles Style Guide For Your Home Interior Décor!
Author: Ruchir Jethva
2. What Are Gst’s Seven Deadly Defects?
Author: Mohit Yadev
3. The Asean (association Of Southeast Asian Nations) Automotive Composites Market Is Expected To Grow
Author: Lucintel LLC
4. The Expanding Scope And Sphere Of Artificial Intelligence
Author: Avaali Solutions
5. Best Performance Based Software Development Company
6. Tips To Choose A Interior Designers For Home
Author: Anny winslet
7. 5 Tips To Find A Notable Insurance Accident Repair Centre!
Author: Rob Porter
8. How Can You Set Your Mark In The World Of Construction Using Online Business Directories?
Author: John Smith
9. Buy Cheap Assignment Online
10. Vilnius Activities & Tours
11. An Introduction To Thermal Spray
Author: Ross Barkely
12. How To Find The Best Towbar Accessories Suppliers In Australia
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. How To Gain Good Profit On Comex Signals By Gold Crude Research
Author: Gold Crude Research
14. Uk's Largest Canopies And Walkways Supplier
15. Residential Pest Control - How You Can Prevent Insect Problems
Author: Michael Gray