ALL >> Business >> View Article
Diwali – Journey Of Life, From Darkness Towards Light
Total Articles: 20
‘Deep’means ‘light’ and ‘avail’ means ‘row’ and combined together ‘Deepavali’ means ‘row of lights.’Deepavali, most commonly known as ‘Diwali’, is celebrated across the country with great zeal and enthusiasm. This is probably the only festival that is celebrated for different reasons among various communities in India and abroad. The most common belief is that Diwali is celebrated to welcome Lord Rama, his wife Sita and brother Lakshmana to Ayodhya from a 14-year exile in forest. During this time, Rama killed Ravana, king of demons, and people celebrate Diwali by lighting diyas and candles to mark the victory of good over evil. However, today fancy lights have taken over diyas and candles. Other notable reasons for celebrating Diwali include conquering of Bali by Vishnu and killing of AsuraNaraka by Lord Krishna.
Houses and offices are cleaned and decorated with bulbs anddiyas, sweets and gifts are exchanged and above all Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha are worshipped. It is supposed on Diwali that Lord Vishnu and Lakshmi got married and thus people worship Lakshmi to bring wealth and prosperity. However, it is still not known to many why Ganesha is worshipped alongside Lakshmi instead of Vishnu on Diwali. It is widely believed that while adopting Ganesha from Goddess Parvati and to show love and affection, Lakshmi assured Parvati that whosoever worshipping Lakshmi will have to pray Ganesha as well in order to get his/her wish granted. This is the reason why Lakshmi and Ganesha are always worshipped together.
It is always good to know our traditions and roots as to why Diwali is celebrated, especially at a time when our younger generation is getting far and away from it. They associate Diwali as just another festival of joy where every moment has to be cherished to keep their spirits high in an otherwise fast and hectic life. They indulge in visiting and sending out gifts to their loved ones. Markets flood with various options such as sweets, consumer electronics, home decorationitems, paintings, designer lights, stylish diyasand perfumed candles.
As if this was destined to happen, the hectic pace of life seems to have found its new ways of shopping that save time and effort. One of the ways is online shopping where people have vast choices and save considerable time that can be spent with family and friends. Today, various online merchants are available that bring most of the items close to you which are just few clicks away. Online shopping is flourishing and booming in India with significant headroom to grow in the near term. Many online portals like Flipkart, Ebay, ArtsNyou, among many others are giving amazing discounts for various articles which can be considered as Diwali gifts.
Business Articles1. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Concrete Staining
Author: Ben Lager
2. What To Look For When Hiring An Ocean Freight Shipping Company
Author: William Santos
3. Top 4 Advantages Of Concrete Coating
Author: Ben Lager
4. Centrifugal Blower Manufacturer In India|centrifugal Blower Fan
5. Building A Modern Architecture Homes- Planning And Concept
Author: Leila Adam
6. Thorough Proofreading Finesses Documents, Raises The Organization’s Reputation
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
7. Design And Build Contractor Singapore – Get The Best Services From Interior Renovation Contractor!
Author: James Han
8. Meishen–a Bright Star In Magnesium Oxide Industry
Author: hu Allen
9. Grow Customer Base And Market Presence With Pharmacist Email Lists For Your Business Campaign
Author: Adam Tyson
10. Adapt New Forms Of B2b Communication With Infection Control Directors Mailing List
Author: Andrew Rayel
11. Moby Wrap Baby Carrier
12. Care For Your Deck
Author: Blue Star Carpentry has been specializing in custom decks for over a decade. When you sit outside wi
13. How Does A Small B2b Company Increase The sales?
Author: Mohit Yadev
14. Latest Job Vacancies In India
15. Why Are Aap And Congress Supporters Opposing A Tax Reform Like The Gst? Are They Anti-nationals?
Author: Mohit Yadev