ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Ensure Good Indoor Air Quality With Clean Air Ducts In Your Hvac System
Total Articles: 1
Dust, dirt and debris get accumulated in the air ducts of your HVAC system if they are not cleaned regularly. They turn out into breeding places of harmful bacteria and fungi which may cause serious health problems like asthma, allergies and respiratory issues.
So, in order to ensure good indoor air quality, it is important that the air ducts in your HVAC system are cleaned.
When does your HVAC system require cleaning?
If there are any small clogs or molds in the air duct, you can clean them on your own. For tougher clogs, molds and debris, you may need to take professional help, as professionals use EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) approved sanitizers to clean. Whether it is you who is cleaning or a professional, you need to know when your HVAC system requires cleaning.
• Visible mold growth inside the duct
Mold is a fungal growth and over a period of time it spreads inside the hard surface of the air ducts and in the HVAC system. By regularly cleaning, you can eliminate the growth of mold.
• Ducts clogged with dust and debris
When the air ducts in your HVAC system are clogged with dust and debris, you are likely to breathe unhealthy air which may result in health issues.
Check yourself by removing the air vents to see if they are clean.
• Choose a reliable service provider
After checking the condition of the air ducts and if you have decided to take help of a professional, you should talk to at least two or three service providers. Check whether they follow the standards of National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA). By this, you make sure that you have chosen a reliable, knowledgeable and responsible service provider who knows his job well.
Take precautions to minimize duct contamination
Often air ducts in your HVAC system collect significant amounts of dust, debris and dirt particles which contaminate the air. Therefore, it is necessary to minimize duct contamination by preventing dirt from entering the HVAC system. For that, you need to take care of the following:
• Use efficient air filters and change them regularly
• Make sure moisture is not present
• If there is any leakage or damage, get it checked and corrected
• See that there are no missing filters
• Get the cooling coils and drain pans cleaned by a professional service provider
• If any construction or renovation work is being carried out, make sure you seal the ducts, so that dust and debris won't enter the system
Regular cleaning of air ducts in your HVAC system will not only provide good indoor air quality, but will also improve system's performance. It even reduces utility bills and creates a healthier and comfortable living environment.
Comfactor Air provides quality air conditioning services to the residents & businesses of South Florida. Our services include air conditioning and cooling, HVAC repair, service & maintenance programs. Comfactor AC is a factory authorized dealer for the most prestigious brands. If you are searching for AC repair services using the keywords AC repair Weston FL or AC repair Pembroke Pines, call us.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Are The Advantages Of Choosing Latest Led Tv?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. Cast Iron Bollards: Suppliers Guide For Buyers
Author: Tony Scott
3. Increasing Safety With Crowd Control Barriers
Author: Tony Scott
4. Add More Creativity In Home Decor With Mosaic
Author: Emily Stone
5. Why Organic Gardening Services Is Needed For Your Garden?
Author: Tony Bulic
6. The New Home Builders Are Showing Creativity Of Art In Trendy Houses
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. Advantages Of Using Cork Tiles
Author: Brian Miller
8. Safeguard Your Home Using Our Services
Author: Brown Ross
9. House Cleaning Services - Lets Clean It Up
10. Renovate Your Lawn Beautifully With Lawn Care And Maintenance Services
Author: Leo Lazich
11. Things You Need To Know Before Visiting Furniture Stores Of Perth
Author: Kai Baxter
12. Customised Lawn Fertilisation Services In Nsw
Author: Leo Lazich
13. Seasonal Garden Maintenance Services For A Beautiful Garden
Author: Phil Maunder
14. Getting The Facts On Weather And Exterior Paint Jobs
Author: Caseys painting
15. Bond Cleaning Perth Is Your Best Choice For Full Bond Amount Return