ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Ensure Good Indoor Air Quality With Clean Air Ducts In Your Hvac System
Total Articles: 1
Dust, dirt and debris get accumulated in the air ducts of your HVAC system if they are not cleaned regularly. They turn out into breeding places of harmful bacteria and fungi which may cause serious health problems like asthma, allergies and respiratory issues.
So, in order to ensure good indoor air quality, it is important that the air ducts in your HVAC system are cleaned.
When does your HVAC system require cleaning?
If there are any small clogs or molds in the air duct, you can clean them on your own. For tougher clogs, molds and debris, you may need to take professional help, as professionals use EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) approved sanitizers to clean. Whether it is you who is cleaning or a professional, you need to know when your HVAC system requires cleaning.
• Visible mold growth inside the duct
Mold is a fungal growth and over a period of time it spreads inside the hard surface of the air ducts and in the HVAC system. By regularly cleaning, you can eliminate the growth of mold.
• Ducts clogged with dust and debris
When the air ducts in your HVAC system are clogged with dust and debris, you are likely to breathe unhealthy air which may result in health issues.
Check yourself by removing the air vents to see if they are clean.
• Choose a reliable service provider
After checking the condition of the air ducts and if you have decided to take help of a professional, you should talk to at least two or three service providers. Check whether they follow the standards of National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA). By this, you make sure that you have chosen a reliable, knowledgeable and responsible service provider who knows his job well.
Take precautions to minimize duct contamination
Often air ducts in your HVAC system collect significant amounts of dust, debris and dirt particles which contaminate the air. Therefore, it is necessary to minimize duct contamination by preventing dirt from entering the HVAC system. For that, you need to take care of the following:
• Use efficient air filters and change them regularly
• Make sure moisture is not present
• If there is any leakage or damage, get it checked and corrected
• See that there are no missing filters
• Get the cooling coils and drain pans cleaned by a professional service provider
• If any construction or renovation work is being carried out, make sure you seal the ducts, so that dust and debris won't enter the system
Regular cleaning of air ducts in your HVAC system will not only provide good indoor air quality, but will also improve system's performance. It even reduces utility bills and creates a healthier and comfortable living environment.
Comfactor Air provides quality air conditioning services to the residents & businesses of South Florida. Our services include air conditioning and cooling, HVAC repair, service & maintenance programs. Comfactor AC is a factory authorized dealer for the most prestigious brands. If you are searching for AC repair services using the keywords AC repair Weston FL or AC repair Pembroke Pines, call us.
Home and Garden Articles1. High Quality And Durable Minka Lavery Pendants
Author: Bryson Kaleb
2. Tips To Introduce Eco-friendly Interiors In Kerala Style Home Designs
Author: Monnaie Architects & Interiors
3. Choose Hudson Valley Pendants To Illuminate Your Home
Author: Marcus McGowan
4. Treasures In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
5. The Best Succulents For Your Interior Plant Maintenance In Philadelphia
Author: Michele Sokoloff
6. Celebrate The Wild, Wild West In A Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
7. Garden Fairies That Glow In The Night
Author: Lauren Kyes
8. Everything You Need To Know About Electric Heaters
Author: Nathan Crowley
9. How To Choose A House Painting Contractor In Chilliwack
Author: Sam Philippe
10. Five Obvious Signs Of Roof Damage That You Should Know.
Author: James Max
11. Dr. Greengood’s 100% Non-toxic Pest Control Products Online
Author: Steve Rozensky
12. The Plumbing Doctor
Author: Aurelio Malavenda
13. Importance Of Choosing The Right Furnishings For Your Home And Wine Bar
Author: Perfect Home Bars
14. 3 Ways To Recreate The Magic Of Grandma’s Vintage Kitchen Décor
Author: Jason Zhang
15. 15 Design Tips To Know Before Remodeling Your Bathroom