ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Top Three Rare Stamps Of The World
Total Articles: 200
Stamp collectors have one common aim- collection of rare stamps. As the time passes, the value of these rare and error postage stamps increases unimaginably and even cost millions of dollars. Here we have listed the top three rarest stamps of the world, which are precious and significant:
1. Cape of good hope- This rare stamp is valued approximately US $40,000. The stamp was issued in 1853 and is the first postage stamp in the Cape of Good Hope or you can say in the entire Africa. The first series of this stamp came in the value of 1- and 4- pennies which was changed to other values in next edition released after 2 years.
The stamp is of triangular shape which defines that it is different from any other postage stamp. However, many other countries issued stamps of triangular shape after that. The stamp has a symbol of female sitting on top of an anchor resting on rock, this picturisation resembles the cape. The printer of the stamp was a famous printer of books, postage stamps and bank notes, Messrs, Perkins, Bacon & co. and was designed by surveyor general Charles bell. You can find very rare copies of this stamp. If you have seen the world famous Stanley gibbons stamps collection catalogue you will see that this stamp costs more than 40,000 dollars.
2. Perot Provisional- This rare postal history stamp has a value of more than 115,000 US dollars. This is the first stamp released in the town of Hamilton by the postmaster. A friend of Perot, James Bell Heyl gave him this suggestion that he should issue his own stamp and this is how this stamp came into existence. Till now only 11 pieces of this stamp have been found and almost all of them are owned by the royalty of Europe.
3. Red revenue small one-dollar surcharges- According to various stamp dealers the estimated value of this stamp is about 333,382 US dollars. The stamp was released during the Qing dynasty (1636-1911) and it is the first among many red revenue stamps. Approximately 30 pieces of this stamp are still alive including one block of four. Most of them have never been used and only one used stamp with pakua cancellation has been found. The stamp is safely stored in the museum of China.
There are also many fake stamp dealers present in the market selling stamps, so beware of them.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja