ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Check Out The Latest Hotel Ratings
Total Articles: 468
It would be a shame to spoil a trip that started off right with a careful review of cheap airplane tickets, discount hotel rooms, and cheap vacation packages, because of a bad hotel experience.
The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) released a study on October 1st ranking hotel brands. ACSI surveyed 4,500 hotel guests within three months of their U.S. hotel visits, asking each person to rate their hotel based on his or her experience with reservations, check-in and staff, as well as the quality of the room, food, in-room entertainment, and other amenities.
The study included five different types of hotels: luxury, upper upscale, upscale, midscale, and economy. The theoretical highest possible score was 100.
Marriott International claimed top spots with four of its brands. Wyndham rated near the bottom, except for its Days Inn/Suits properties, which ranked higher than Econo Lodge and Super 8.
The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, a midscale property, came in with a 84 score, which was the highest ranking brand, followed by JW Marriott, with an 83 in the luxury category.
Hotel chains not included in the ACSI study included the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and the Ritz-Carlton Hotels & Resorts. These brands could not be rated because of insufficient respondents.
Embassy Suites (part of Hilton), Hyatt Regency, and Marriott Hotels & Resorts tied for the highest rated upper upscale lodgings with a score of 82. Coming in at an 81 rating were Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and Westin, followed by Hyatt at 79. The margin of error in this study was plus or minus three points.
The study’s lowest score, a 59, was earned by Econo Lodge (a Choice brand) which is an economy property. Super 8 came in at 66, with Days Inn/Suites earning a 74.
The average hotel brand’s customer satisfaction level was 77 which compares very favorably to ACSI surveys of the cable TV and airline industries which come in with average low sixties ratings for customer service.
Travel Articles1. 5 Top Places To Visit In Alibaug
Author: Hruday Chand
2. Car Rental Services To Explore In Rajasthan With Shreeji Taxi
3. Kenya's Top 5 Places To Visit On Your African Safari
Author: Meddy Byakali
4. India Tour Operator - Planned Trek For This Country
Author: Rakesh Kumar
5. Airport Parking Options - What's Best For You?
Author: Alex Mayers
6. Top 4 Holiday Destinations In Hyderabad For A Fun Weekend :
Author: Aakruthi priya
7. Mouth-watering Foods From Kerala
Author: James Matt
8. 3 Signs That You Need A Holiday Break
9. A Visit To At The Top, Burj Khalifa
Author: Dalphine Wanjiru
10. 5 Technologically Advanced Countries In Africa
Author: Damilola Ojo
11. A Budget Traveller’s Guide To Ooty
12. Get Complete Adventure With Trekking In Nepal
Author: Himalayan Asiatreks
13. Pick Out The Right Tour Packages In Kolkata To Enjoy Reliable Service
14. Rent A Car In Kolkata To Visit Major Place At Right Time With No Risk
15. Choose The Best Holiday Packages To Get Fun Filled Experience