ALL >> General >> View Article
Vietnamese To Quit Smoking
Total Articles: 27
It is in California where a number of Vietnamese immigrants learned to quit smoking. One of the most effective anti-smoking campaigns ever conducted among Southeast Asian refugees was accomplished by Suc Khoe La Vang, the Vietnamese Community Health Promotion Project out of the University of California, San Francisco.
"Up to 50% of the participants quit in the first year," one doctor in San Jose told me. He showed movies, charts and documents on how smoking affects human's health and the health of one's family. One man cried and said he didn't know secondary smoke was hurting his children, and had negative effects on their mental development.
Thus he found the strength to quit smoking not for himself, but for his children's future.
If Hanoi wants to really change its population's bad habit, it should do more than edit local films, and it should stop clamping down on information sharing. It should address the conflict of interest in being a monopoly in selling cigarettes, and carrying out anti-smoking campaigns.. If it is really serious about stopping the epidemic, it should at the very least double the taxes on cigarettes sales.
The key to stopping this bad habit is to educate the population on the effects of secondhand smoke. A Vietnamese won't give up for himself, but for his family, for his children, it's another matter. He or she will find the will power to do so.
Meanwhile, I too have a new resolve. Next time when I am back in Asia and someone offers me a cigarette, even at the risk of being seen as standoffish, or even a sissy, I'm prepared to say "Thanks, but no thanks. I don't smoke cheap cigarettes."
General Articles1. Wedding With Replica Van Cleef Jewelry@thereal.su
2. Princess Van Cleef Pendant Fake@thereal.su
3. Love Vashikaran Specialist Molvi Ji Contact Us Ask Free Question.
Author: vashikaaran molviji
4. Unable To Access The Internet After Installing A Mcafee Security Suite
Author: Maria Williams
5. Queen Double High Air Bed Part - Ii
Author: desired. An excellent source of vitamins A and C.
6. Foods, Natural Appetite Suppressant Pills Reviews To Lose Weight Safely
Author: Aisford Henderson
7. Learn Everything About Pipe Designing With Sp3d Training Program
8. How To Face These Challenges?
Author: hu Allen
9. Custom Tailoring For Gentlemen
10. The Most Effective Method To Fix Some Common Errors In Wordpress
11. Best Fashion Designing Courses In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
12. How To Enhance Your Video Marketing?
Author: Disha Parchani
13. A Common Skin Problem: Skin Pigmentation
Author: Parkmed Healthcare
14. Best Rent A Car Dubai To Travel At Your Will
15. Norton Antivirus
Author: Gracy Hatt