ALL >> Business >> View Article
Why Can’t We Engage More Employees In Wellness?
Total Articles: 1
Employee engagement is most common challenge I hear clients say about their wellness programs. Companies want and need to engage employees to be more active, eat better and manage stress. These are all great things to do, right? Then why is it so hard? There are a lot of reasons we can list such as, lack of consistent communications, low or no budget, no executive support, employees are too busy, and other time constraints. But what if you have all that covered? Meaning, your company is dedicated to wellness, there’s a budget, executive leadership, but low engagement. Maybe it’s because there is no focus about what it’s like from an employee’s perspective?
Everyone has their own opinion about wellness. If you program your workplace wellness from the mindset of the c-suite, how are you touching your average worker? Think about some of these attitudes that define nearly half of the U.S. population:
Wants to feel appreciated and rewarded for accomplishments
Likes group interaction
Inspired by friendly competition
Likes high tech media and social networking
Wants to feel and look good
Trustworthy of friends and family as information sources
More importantly, less is more when it comes to a lot of detailed information. Workplace wellness for your average worker needs to include ah-ha moments and more of the following:
Fun and entertaining
Get their attention by creating a constant buzz.
Look good, feel good appeal.
Tell employees how this will help them look and feel great.
Make it easy and uncomplicated.
Build a community.
Help employees feel connected just like they do with their friends and family.
Approach wellness as a business strategy, but sell it to employees that it’s all about them.
Filice, the insurance company, provides you the workplace wellness solutions. Filice motivates its employees to live a healthy lifestyle through its workplace wellness programs. For more information, visit us at http://www.filice.com, Call us at 408.350.8420.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla