ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Tcl Associates Report Asian Markets Decline On Syria Concerns
Total Articles: 13
Despite being given a positive lead in by Wall Street the Asian Markets broadly declined after the potential of a US strike on Syria returned to the forefront. Speaker of the House of Representatives, John Boehner stated that he supports President Obama demand for intervention in Syria. The Heads of the Senate Foreign Relations committee has also authorized a limited military strike against the country. It is expected to be voted on by the full Senate next week.
The Chinese markets retreated after positive PMI data from Europe and China boosted the Hang Seng more than 4% on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday in Hong Kong, the Hang Seng declined 0.3%, but the Shanghai Composite on the mainland managed to climb 0.2%. China Construction Bank fell 1.4% after Bank of America sold its stake in the lender for $1.5 billion.
In Tokyo, The Nikkei Stock Average gained 0.5% as the yen continued to weaken. It is currently trading at 99.62 yen to the dollar from 99.57 yen to the dollar on Tuesday. The positive PMI data and weakened yen also helped to boost Japanese shipping companies. Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha jumped 3.1% and Mitsui OSK Lines gained 2.1%. Honda Motor Co. climbed 0.6% after reporting that it will raise its annual dividend as it expects a strong 12 months of earnings. Cannon Inc. rose 3.8% after the camera manufacturer stated that it will buy back 18 million of its own shares, it plans to spend $502 million on the buy back.
In Australia, the S&P/ASX 200 dropped 0.7% as banks and resource firms fell over concerns about Syria. Westpac Banking Corp. declined 1% and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia declined 0.4%.
Investing / Finance Articles1. How Bad Credit Loans Work For Better Financial Solutions In The Uk?
Author: Sara James
2. The Free Forex Robot Minimize Risk And Maximize Profits In The Forex Market
3. How The Internet Has Made Money Transfer To India Simple?
4. What Are The Major Advantages Of Bill Discounting India?
5. Best Home Loan Scheme 04433044488 Documents Required For Home Loan
Author: Loansa Assit
6. Algotrade Can Help You Gain Consistent Returns On Forex Trading
7. Did You File Itr For Financial Year 2016-17?
Author: Did You File ITR For Financial Year 2016-17? India
8. The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Life Insurance
Author: Sushant ingh
9. Important Aspects Of Banking
Author: Sushant Singh
10. Are You In Need Of Monetary Help For Business Establishment?
Author: John Bairstow
11. Borrowing Commercial Loan Is A Secure Way For Business Owners
Author: John Bairstow
12. The Race To Transform Yourself Into A Profitable Forex Trader
Author: John Arnold
13. House Construction Loan For Bkhata Property Apply 9964563600
Author: House Construction Loan for Bkhata
14. Gst Impact On Mutual Fund Market
15. Klse Market Understanding Before Investing
Author: Multi management and future solutions