ALL >> Investing---Finance >> View Article
Tcl Associates Report Asian Markets Decline On Syria Concerns
Total Articles: 13
Despite being given a positive lead in by Wall Street the Asian Markets broadly declined after the potential of a US strike on Syria returned to the forefront. Speaker of the House of Representatives, John Boehner stated that he supports President Obama demand for intervention in Syria. The Heads of the Senate Foreign Relations committee has also authorized a limited military strike against the country. It is expected to be voted on by the full Senate next week.
The Chinese markets retreated after positive PMI data from Europe and China boosted the Hang Seng more than 4% on Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday in Hong Kong, the Hang Seng declined 0.3%, but the Shanghai Composite on the mainland managed to climb 0.2%. China Construction Bank fell 1.4% after Bank of America sold its stake in the lender for $1.5 billion.
In Tokyo, The Nikkei Stock Average gained 0.5% as the yen continued to weaken. It is currently trading at 99.62 yen to the dollar from 99.57 yen to the dollar on Tuesday. The positive PMI data and weakened yen also helped to boost Japanese shipping companies. Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha jumped 3.1% and Mitsui OSK Lines gained 2.1%. Honda Motor Co. climbed 0.6% after reporting that it will raise its annual dividend as it expects a strong 12 months of earnings. Cannon Inc. rose 3.8% after the camera manufacturer stated that it will buy back 18 million of its own shares, it plans to spend $502 million on the buy back.
In Australia, the S&P/ASX 200 dropped 0.7% as banks and resource firms fell over concerns about Syria. Westpac Banking Corp. declined 1% and the Commonwealth Bank of Australia declined 0.4%.
Investing / Finance Articles1. Why Open An Nri Account?
Author: Samantha Kennedy
2. Commercial Mortgage Loan
Author: Loansa Assit
3. Why Perform A Fundamental Analysis Of A Company?
Author: Aastha Kapoor
4. Open Online Trading Account With The Lowest Brokerage Charges
Author: Krutika Sharma
5. Avail Reliable Tax Return Online Australia Services To Get The Job Done Like Never Before
6. Get Yourself Best Sip Plans For Long Term
Author: Jignesh Shah
7. Equity Linked Saving Schemes (elss)
Author: Tanvi Sherzade
8. Basics Of Mutual Funds
Author: Tanvi Sherzade
9. 5 Most Critical Points On Loans For Unemployed With Bad Credit
Author: Ashley Corn
10. Need Vat Consulting? Get Help From Xcel Accounting
Author: aniket vichare
11. Best Stock Tips Provider In India
Author: deepti jain
12. Avail Professional Online Tax Return Services To Get Best Value For Your Money
13. Buy Financial Services Email List From Demandsteer And Improve Your Sales
14. Thinks You Must Know Before Outsourcing Accounting And Bookkeeping Services
Author: Friso Krahmer
15. 5 Reasons To Study In India
Author: anaya shroff