ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Take Your Spouse To Goa!
Total Articles: 400
Even if you’re one of those people who (somehow) don’t enjoy travelling, there will be that one time in your life when you are bound to take it seriously. We’re talking about your honeymoon, of course, and we know just the perfect location for it. On the Western coast of India, south of Maharashtra is the small (and we mean really small) state of Goa. It’s popular among everyone, from students to families and yes, also honeymooners and other couples in love. Goa tours and honeymoon packages to Goa continue to be hugely popular, because you get the same experience as a Greek honeymoon for half the price. After all, who needs a foreign holiday when you’ve got the love of your life around to be with? Here are some things you are your spouse can do together on your Goan honeymoon.
• Go to the beach for a long, romantic walk while the sun sets in the background.
A bit too cliché, perhaps? We agree, but when the time comes it will cease to matter. The beaches in Goa are all more beautiful than the next, and we’d like to see how you resist. Something to keep in mind: avoid the more crowded beaches of Baga, Varca and Anjuna and opt instead to visit some place more secluded and less touristy. Agonda Beach, Palolem Beach and Goa Bogmalo Beach are all great getaways if what you’re looking for is peace and quiet, and there is much peace and quiet in Goa.
• Go on a bird safari at the Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary.
Bird watching? On honeymoon? Why, does that not sound romantic enough? It might at the moment, but once you’re inside the lush, quiet premises of the Dr. Salim Ali Sanctuary, you might not want to leave. This sanctuary is Goa’s only natural reserved dedicated specifically to our winged friends. You might not be enthusiastic about birds, but bird watching is an act of patience and observation, and engaging in it with your partner can make it a highly enjoyable activity.
• Make a trip to Dona Paula Beach.
You can’t go to Goa for your honeymoon and not visit the shores of Dona Paula. If you’re wondering where this beach gets its name from, it is named after Dona Paula de Menezes, the daughter of an old Portuguese authority posted in Goa. Rumour has it that Dona Paula fell in love with a local fisherman, an act to which her father did not take kindly. A heartbroken Dona Paula flung herself into the waves of the Arabian Sea in response to her father’s ultimatum. Her father, regretful and sad, decided to name the spot from where she jumped after her.
Travel packages to Goa are several, and honeymooners will be spoiled for choice when it comes to picking. Ultimately though, it doesn’t matter what you pick, because Goa is a beautiful place no matter how you experience it. Seriously, who needs a European honeymoon when Goa is right here, waiting for you to make your bookings!
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. In his spare time, Ninad is an ardent photographer and loves the opportunities that an exciting tour package can give him time to pursue his passion. His albums are replete with beautiful pictures of recent tours to Goa.
Travel Articles1. Explore 5 Beautiful Lakes In Ooty Apart From Ooty Lake
2. The Best Offering Package For The Holy Tour Of Chardham Yatra This Coming September
Author: Char Dham Yatra
3. Different Rides For Prom In Chicago From A Charter Coach Bus Rental Company
4. Let Loose In Los Angeles With Bus Tours
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Natural Meets History Of The Kruger National Park
6. Five Free Things To Do In Key West
Author: Dale Dunlop
7. Destination Key West: Popular Attractions
Author: Dale Dunlop
8. Cycling Tours In The French Alps
Author: David Luther
9. Top Trekking & Hiking Trails In Nepal
Author: Mountain Hawk Trekking
10. Mardi Himal Trek - Best Alternative To Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Author: Himalaya Trekking Team
11. Three Exquisite Yet Cultural Cities Of Peshawar That You May Never Want To Leave
Author: Flights Masters
12. Rent The Driver’s Place; Enjoy With Family And Kids On Your Trips
Author: Robert Anhouse
13. Dmz Taxi Tour – Driver Guide Tour Can Make The Dmz Tour A More Planned One!
Author: Brian Lee
14. The Car Rental Dubai Agency Is Your One Stop Shop To Hire The Best Car Of Your Choice
15. Areas Of Cuba
Author: Stephen David