ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Fly Away On A South Africa Holiday!
Total Articles: 400
In India, there’s one thing in particular that the country of South Africa is known for, and that is cricket. But, as most cricket fans would be surprised to know, South Africa is also one of the most popular tourist destinations on the African continent – and in the world, for reasons that are as far from cricket as they could get. South Africa provides a buffet of excuses for visiting, from the expansive animal reserves, fine wines and the exotic culture of the place. Perched right at the bottom of the African continent, South Africa offers the rugged jungle experience that makes Africa so famous, as well as the mellow pleasures associated with coastal retreats. Here are a couple must visit tourist attractions for your South Africa Holiday.
• The Ecotourism
Ecotourism forms a major chunk of the South African economy, and is the reason which attracts most of the country’s foreign tourists. Among the most biodiverse countries on the map, South Africa is actually one of the world’s few megadiverstities along with countries such as India and Brazil. Though most of the South African wilderness is protected by stringent laws for the benefit of the animals, there are several natural reserves that are open to the public. The most famous of these is the Kruger National Park, which is one of the few places in the world where tourists can spot the Big Five of African game animals i.e. the lion, the Cape buffalo, the leopard, the African rhinoceros and the African elephant. The Kruger National Park is also home to the cheetah, an animal so alarmingly rare that it was once severely close to extinction, and has become extinct from several other geographies other than South Africa. Kruger National Park is also the habitat for several packs of the African Wild Dog, another highly endangered species. Other famous, richly populated reserves include West Coast National Park, Mapungubwe National Park and Augrabies Falls National Park. If you’re the kind to love an authentic wildlife experience, international tours to South Africa is your thing!
• The National Arts Festival
If art is more your style than wildlife, make sure to visit South Africa sometime in June / July during the National Arts Festival, which is the biggest celebration of art on the African continent. Music, theatre, visual art, installations, cinema, lectures, workshops children’s art, comedy, crafts and several other indigenous art forms are all part of this festival. Experience art, with an African twist!
• Robben Island
South Africa has an interesting a political history as it does art and wildlife. For a taste of South African history, visit Robben Island in Table Bay. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Robben Island is the prison where Nelson Mandela spent the majority of his imprisonment during the apartheid movement. The Robben Island Museum will tell you much about South Africa’s interesting socio-political past.
With so much to do on just a single vacation, how could you not want to visit South Africa on the next of your international tours?
Ninad Chaudhari works as a Web UI Designer / Developer with Cox & Kings. Ninad is also an ardent photographer and loves to go on tours to international destinations and pursue his passion. His albums are replete with beautiful pictures of his recent holiday in South Africa.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco