ALL >> Career >> View Article
How To Find Staffing Jobs In New York, NyBy Expert Author: Brain Redmond
A significant number of NY jobs available are filled in by workers who have found employment through a third party – staffing agencies. Because companies cannot advertise or post for job openings under this present economy (as they are still reeling from the recession), they have turned to staffing companies to provide them with skilled workers and professionals who already have the skills and experience. For many companies, hiring employees through staffing agencies is a more cost-effective method than advertising a job opening and hiring and recruiting employees by themselves.
In many ways too, finding a job through a staffing agency could be beneficial for the job-seeker. You don't have to find the job by yourself – the job will come to you. With the help of a good agency, you can land the right job. If you are still out of work in the big city, perhaps linking up with a reliable staffing agency can be your ticket out of employment. Here are a few tips to help you find good staffing jobs in New York, NY:
• Link up with a number of staffing agencies. You can browse the Internet to get a list of staffing firms operating in New York City. You can also look into phone directories or seek referrals from acquaintances who could be working staffing jobs. Make sure agencies cater to your industry or field of work.
• Make sure every staffing agency you have in your list are reliable and trustworthy to work with. There are good agencies and lousy agencies. Read reviews and ask workers what they think of their own agencies.
• Apply. You can visit the agency to fill in an application and submit your updated resume or else visit their website and apply online. When applying on-site, make sure to dress appropriately to let the agency know you are seriously looking for work.
• In your application, don't forget to state the position/s you are interested in, but if you are unsure of what position to apply as you cannot choose jobs nowadays, you need to list previous job designations and accomplishments or results or skills and expertise in your resume or application form. This will help the agency find you the suitable job and the right employer.
• If you have applications at a number of staffing agencies, make sure you keep them current. Update with your latest certification, education or training received and skills and experience learned. The more skills you have, the better your chances of matching the criteria for available staffing jobs.
Here are a few things to remember when sending applications at staffing agencies:
• Let the agency know that you have applied at other agencies. It is never wrong to apply at multiple agencies. You just need to let them know that you have.
• Tailor your resume to fit the NY jobs. Put in relevant work experiences and accomplishments.
• Do not pay any fee, be it an application or placement fee, when applying at a staffing agency. Agencies only get paid by companies when the position is filled.
Brain Redmond is working as a recruiter in a major recruiting agency in USA. He writes articles providing career building tips to job seekers both fresh and seasoned. In the given article, he highlights various aspects of staffing jobs in New York NY. Off late, he is regularly following Itsmycareer.com to get recent job updates. Check out Career tips & recent job up-to-date in USA here.
Career Articles1. Social Care Workers Are Always In Demand
2. All You Want To Know About Community Care
3. Best Ssb Books – Sourcebooksindia.com
Author: ponting brown
4. Hard Money Loans For Real Estate Investments
5. 7 Reasons Why Pte Test Is An Ideal Choice
6. Das Kleine Bisschen Extra Oomph Geht Ein Langer Weg
Author: Das kleine bisschen extra oomph geht ein langer We
7. Who Should Go For Digital Marketing Courses In Mumbai- A Few Tips!
Author: Kunal Iyar
8. Gillne.fr Préconçue Que Les Robes De Bal Et D'autres
Author: Cette robe dos nu peut être couplé ave
9. Achieve Your Job Goal Taking The Right Guidance
Author: Steve Atkinson
10. Gillne.fr Baisse Des Prix De Certains Des Robes De Bal Sur
Author: l'argent aux
11. Post Freelance Jobs Online To Meet Global Business Demands
12. Create Video Resume And Share On Social Media Channel
13. Different Aspects Of Fresher Jobs And Solutions
Author: Steve Atkinson
14. Do Employers Want Video Resume
15. Potent Human Resource Is A Mandatory Issue Starting A Company
Author: Steve Atkinson