ALL >> Real-Estate-and-Foreclosure >> View Article
Can I Rent Out The Condo I Buy In Mexico? What Considerations Are There?
Total Articles: 503
So, you've decided that owning a condo in Mexico would be a good idea. You love the beaches; you vacation there 3 times a year as it is, so why not take that next step and buy one?
A question I often get from new buyers about this topic is if they can rent out this same condo to generate income when they are not using the property. Are there rules and restrictions? Is the demand high? Should you count on this income?
The basic answer is, yes, you can rent out the condo you own to generate income. However, there are some considerations to make if this is your plan.
Are you buying in a tourist region?
Of course, generating income from the property you own by means of vacation rentals works best in really active tourist areas. Finding such an area shouldn't be difficult since Mexico is home to some of the world's most successful tourist regions, such as Cancun.
What is the specific high-demand location within your region?
Every tourist destination has its ideal location, the location where all tourists want to stay. For example, in Playa del Carmen real estate, condos either directly on the beach or a within a block or two will see the best success for vacation rentals, but further back demand will drop considerably. (Long-term rental still works very well, but if you're planning on using the condo for yourself at times, this arrangement wouldn't work.)
What kind of properties are renters looking for?
Typically larger condos, with at least 3 or 4 bedrooms hold the highest demand since vacationers who rent condos tend to be small groups looking for a way to be close together and save money.
Have you found a good property manager?
Don't count on putting a sign on the balcony to get the renters you need. While this may work, in any case it will be complicated to manage the rentals and get tourists from all over North America to rent your condo from home. Find a property manager that has an established advertisement approach.
What about your personal belongings?
Is there storage for your personal belongings?
Have you considered a strategy for taxes?
You will be required to report the income from rental both in Mexico and the U.S. Hire an accountant in Mexico, and be sure to have a strategy worked out to avoid double taxation in the United States.
Buying condo in Mexico that will give you some income on the side is a great idea! Just be sure to do your homework and plan it so it works out well!
The TOP Mexico Real Estate Network; "Mexico’s Leading Network of Specialists for Finding and Purchasing Mexican Properties Safely!"
Real Estate and Foreclosure Articles1. The Perfect Way To Invest In Property Mangement Buderim
Author: Peter Simons
2. Foreign Investors - Know How To Get The Cyprus Citizenship And Enjoy The Associated Benefits
Author: Chris Michael
3. Flats In Jagatpura
4. Assetz Here And Now | Pre Launch Project | Located In Rachenahalli, Bangalore
Author: Guru Raj
5. Lodha Codename Superdeal Upper Thane
Author: chetan singh
6. 6 Reasons To Forget Valleyview Apartments In Shimla And Consider Barog For Your Investment
Author: The Woods Barog
7. Finding Apartments For Sale - Tips For Buyers
8. How About Finding New Apartments For Sale
9. Beneficial Tips In Buying New Residence
10. What Are Various Residential Home Buying Tips
11. Main Points To Think About When Buying An Apartment Or Condo
12. Questions To Ask When Buying Houses
13. Aspects That Need To Impact The Buying Of Homes
14. Things You Must Know Prior To Buying A Home
15. What You Must Think About When Buying An Apartment Or Condo