ALL >> Health >> View Article
Why You Should Not Underestimate The Power Of Flossing
Total Articles: 17
It is a sure thing that your dentist reminded you to thoroughly floss your teeth at least once a day the last time you visited the dental clinic. Well, dentists always say those kinds of things. Sometimes they become clichés, but they do not say those things for nothing, you know. They mean it, and they intend to help you improve your dental hygiene even outside the dental clinic. Most often, however, flossing is outshone by brushing. The typical mindset of people goes this way: “Why do I need to floss when I already brushed my teeth?” Well, I surely won’t go speechless when asked this kind of question.
It helps you stay in shape
“How in the world does flossing make you stay in shape?” I’m used to that kind of reaction. That’s always how it goes. People are left in shock when presented this information about flossing. Well, it is more of a psychological thing. You see, cleaning one’s teeth is a conscious effort many people do to avoid having dental problems. Although it takes only a few minutes to get brush and flush, “a few minutes” is still considered time. Nobody wants to waste his or her precious time for nothing, right? Notice that a person resists opportunities to eat again every time he or she is done with his or her usual oral hygiene practice. Well, that’s the price. The more you give effort in cleaning your teeth, the more you are able to say no to food temptation. And although you visit a dental clinic once or twice a year, it still isn’t enough.
It is friendly to your heart
It may seem surprising to you too how oral health becomes directly associated to cardiovascular health, but many studies have been done already in the past creating a link between the two. Since brushing and flossing keep one away from having cavities, they also shoo away potential factors of one in getting gum diseases. Healthy gums reflect on having a healthy heart. Pay a visit to your favorite dental clinic in town regularly. Aside from your over-all medical check-up, you should also make sure your oral care does not get left behind.
It makes you nicer to talk to
Not that brushing and flossing makes you more knowledgeable about current events or more learned about life’s
philosophy, but when you brush and floss habitually you become more confident - not only in socializing with other people but also in keeping long conversations with them. You can talk about anything you want because you know you will not be offending the people you talk with from unwanted sights, after you have eaten a very sumptuous dinner at a business meeting or at a random Friday night party. Besides, people are drawn closer to you because of your fresh breath. Brushing and flossing, most especially, makes your dental clinic look good. You help it gain good reputation!
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel