ALL >> Business >> View Article
What Are Surface Mining Properties?
Total Articles: 7959
Surface mining is one of the methods via which metals and minerals that are close to the earth, are extracted. There are three kinds of surface mining- Strip mining, open pit mining and quarry mining. All of these methods are very economical in comparison to underground mining. However, it is critical to reclaim the land once the mining operations are completed. Inability to do so can cause a lot of damage to the environment and the mining properties can also face legal trouble for not carrying out these activities within the necessary guidelines.
When looking for mining properties for sale, take the operating cost factor into consideration. Underground mining can be a very expensive proposition as very advanced technology and equipment has to be used. On the other hand surface mining poses fewer risks as the workers are in the quarries or in the open pits. In open pit mining properties, the excavation areas resemble terraced land. Cuts are created in the ground. Post this procedure, the area that shows up at that depth is then worked around the mine circumference. Once the ledge has been cleared of the minerals and the waste, the excavation is moved one level down and the work commences once more.
This kind of mining is also referred to as hard rock mining. It is used to extract precious metals, ores and minerals. Strip mining is generally not used in areas where gold or minerals have to be mined. It is mainly used in the excavation of coal. The dirt and the rock that covers the ore are stripped down systematically, one layer at a time. Once the ore has been removed from the first strip, the second strip is cut adjacent to it. The waste from this strip is used to back-fill the previous one. This process continues till the ore is completely exhausted.
The waste that is removed from the first strip is used to back-back-fill the last section.
A variety of materials are found in these kinds of mines. First, the rock is blasted and fractures are created in the hillside. Specialized machines are then used to break down this rock a little further. The rocks are then separated based on size. In cases where ornamental stones have to be mined, a process called broaching is used in place of blasting the rock. In the place of explosives, miners place wedges. These wedges are hammered until the stone actually breaks off.
Surface mining is safe and inexpensive in comparison to underground mining and it is easier to find the resources that the miners and prospectors are looking for. Sometimes, the streams may get clogged with sedimentation that is formed when the blasting or broaching takes place. In other cases, the ground or surface water may get polluted and when you are looking for mining properties for sale, ensure that all these factors are taken into account. All this has to part of the pre-planning phase and a wise prospector will always keep all the important factors in view while investing in any mining property.
BC gold has Mining Properties for Sale in various regions. Mining Properties have to be chosen with care.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining