ALL >> Business >> View Article
What Are Surface Mining Properties?
Total Articles: 8287
Surface mining is one of the methods via which metals and minerals that are close to the earth, are extracted. There are three kinds of surface mining- Strip mining, open pit mining and quarry mining. All of these methods are very economical in comparison to underground mining. However, it is critical to reclaim the land once the mining operations are completed. Inability to do so can cause a lot of damage to the environment and the mining properties can also face legal trouble for not carrying out these activities within the necessary guidelines.
When looking for mining properties for sale, take the operating cost factor into consideration. Underground mining can be a very expensive proposition as very advanced technology and equipment has to be used. On the other hand surface mining poses fewer risks as the workers are in the quarries or in the open pits. In open pit mining properties, the excavation areas resemble terraced land. Cuts are created in the ground. Post this procedure, the area that shows up at that depth is then worked around the mine circumference. Once the ledge has been cleared of the minerals and the waste, the excavation is moved one level down and the work commences once more.
This kind of mining is also referred to as hard rock mining. It is used to extract precious metals, ores and minerals. Strip mining is generally not used in areas where gold or minerals have to be mined. It is mainly used in the excavation of coal. The dirt and the rock that covers the ore are stripped down systematically, one layer at a time. Once the ore has been removed from the first strip, the second strip is cut adjacent to it. The waste from this strip is used to back-fill the previous one. This process continues till the ore is completely exhausted.
The waste that is removed from the first strip is used to back-back-fill the last section.
A variety of materials are found in these kinds of mines. First, the rock is blasted and fractures are created in the hillside. Specialized machines are then used to break down this rock a little further. The rocks are then separated based on size. In cases where ornamental stones have to be mined, a process called broaching is used in place of blasting the rock. In the place of explosives, miners place wedges. These wedges are hammered until the stone actually breaks off.
Surface mining is safe and inexpensive in comparison to underground mining and it is easier to find the resources that the miners and prospectors are looking for. Sometimes, the streams may get clogged with sedimentation that is formed when the blasting or broaching takes place. In other cases, the ground or surface water may get polluted and when you are looking for mining properties for sale, ensure that all these factors are taken into account. All this has to part of the pre-planning phase and a wise prospector will always keep all the important factors in view while investing in any mining property.
BC gold has Mining Properties for Sale in various regions. Mining Properties have to be chosen with care.
Business Articles1. Styrene Prices Updates In First Quarter Of 2017
Author: Mirza Zahid Baig
2. Updated And Cost-effective Ibm Crm Users Email Lists To Reach Target Audience At The Right Time
Author: Jordan Smith
3. Opportunities For The Global Continuous Fiber Thermoplastics Market To Grow At A Cagr Of 9.5%
Author: Roy Almaguer
4. What Is The Procedure Of Manufacturing Tissue Paper Using The Toilet Paper Machine?
Author: Zack Kugler
5. Best Property Dealer In Bhopal
6. Bells And Whistles Of A Servo Voltage Stabilizer
Author: R. D. Electric Works
7. Technical Writing For Hr Professionals
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
8. Best Campers For Your Adventure
Author: Paul Wright
9. Explaining Different Oil Cooling Methods To Avoid Loss In Transformers
Author: Trutech Products
10. How To Control And Monitor Your Sales And Field Force With Actouch Sales Force Automation (sfa) Mobi
11. Web Designing And Web Development Company Toronto
Author: Unknown Member
12. 7 Essential Reasons To Associate With Naswiz Retails Private Limited And Make A Difference To Your L
Author: Shilpa Sharma
13. Save Money And Time With Best Reloading Supplies
Author: SUPPLY DROP
14. Prove Yourself By Showing Your Fashion Taste By Beaded Bracelets
Author: John Winslow
15. Professional International Freight Forwarding Services Offer Best Solutions