ALL >> Legal >> View Article
Understanding The Washington State Parenting Plan
Total Articles: 1
Have you been paying through your nose in the name of child support? Then it’s high time you found out ways of how to lower child support payments without disregarding the Washington State parenting plan.
If you are a father and are not married to your child’s mother, questions like- how to lower child support? How to get more visitation right and how to get custody of your child keep boggling your mind and often increase stress levels.
Under the Washington state parenting plan, unmarried Fathers are subjected to excessive scrutiny and screening when it comes to legal cases regarding the custody of a child or visitation rights for a Father. Family courts are erroneously believed to be unbiased and completely impartial when it comes to custodial rights; however, an unmarried Father might have to prove many things in the court and establish many facts if he is thinking of ways of how to lower child support?
The Washington State parenting plan includes policies for both custody and visitation. It includes things like:
1. The livelihood of the parents: The place and the parent the child will live with.
2. Decision making: How are decisions going to be taken that are regarding the child?
3. Clashes in the future: Dispute resolution clauses.
The Washington State parenting plan only works for children and parents who come under the Washington jurisdiction. Therefore, it is absolutely necessary to first check the jurisdiction before applying for the Washington State parenting plan. The Uniform Parentage Act (UPA) and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA),Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) determines whether Washington has jurisdiction over your children govern the policies of jurisdiction and determines whether or not the parent and the child come under the personal jurisdiction of Washington.
According to Washington State parenting plan child support is basically the money paid by a parent to a party taking care of the children (usually, the other parent) to help in the upbringing of the child. The parents are usually asked to pay child support monthly. The amount is regularised by the Washington State Support Schedule, which takes into consideration both the children's requirements and both parents' earnings.
In the eyes of the Washington State parenting plan it is legal duty of a parent to support the lives of his/her children. But in the case of, an unmarried parent, he or she is not liable for the child until parentage is proven. As soon as the parentage is proven, the parent with whom the children do not live will have to pay child support to the other parent.
If a parent plans to get his monthly child support payment lowered, here are some tips on How to lower child support:
1. You may request the court to take into account the overall income you had earned in last two to three years before setting payment amount. This is called income averaging for child support purposes.
2. Appeal to the court to take into account any and all financial assistance your Ex may be receiving from other sources like parents and other adults living in her household.
3. Bring into light any kind of expenditures or payments that can act as a deviation and aid you in getting your monthly child support payment lowered; such as long distance transportation allowance for visitation, other household income, severe debt etc.
John Gac is an experienced content writer and he has several years of experience in writing articles on father's rights, child support modification, How to lower child support and Washington state parenting plan.
Legal Articles1. Points To Keep In Mind Before Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
2. The Biggest Myth About Family Law Attorney Exposed
Author: V. Wayne Ward
3. Defective Seat Belts:how An Attorney Can Help You
4. Different Type Of Legal Services Are Provided By Lexlords
Author: Lex Lords
5. Tips To Choose A Competent Estate Planning Attorney
Author: Matthew Odgers
6. Our Legal Firm Offer Wide Range Of Legal Services In Chandigarh
Author: James Jaops
7. What Are The Scenarios In Which Chicago Auto Accidents Attorney Can Help?
Author: MICHAEL T. FRIEDMAN
8. What Is The Process For Cosmetic Import & Medical Device Registration In India
9. Expert Testimony Is Meant To Be Given By A Financial Expert Witness
Author: Jules H. Kamin
10. Car Accidents Involving Uber And Lyft In Phoenix, Arizona
11. Car Accidents In Glendale: Seat Belt Injuries Overview
12. Slip And Fall Injuries: Contributive Causes And Premises That Are Mostly Found Risky
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Al Rowaad Is Available Around The Clock 24/7
14. Be Active Before Selecting A Lawyers For Your Personal Legal Issue.
Author: Lex Lords
15. First Day In Federal Prison
Author: Sanjoi Mazumder