ALL » Business >> View Article
Three Major Materials For Eco Friendly ClothingBy Expert Author: alex article
Nowadays, an increasing number of people are embracing green lifestyle and as such, the demand for eco-friendly clothing is on the rise. Since the last five years or so, majority of consumers have been showing interest towards supporting the environment. This is an emerging market and retailers too are catching up to serve their clientele. Although the demand for more choice in environment friendly products is there, still some consumers are confused regarding clothing that can be considered as eco-friendly. Being aware will help you to make an informed choice. Here are some handy tips in this regard:
1. Cotton is by far the most popular fabric. It is widely used and is an excellent choice because it is comfortable, lightweight and versatile. But unfortunately the production methods are not environment friendly. Cotton is an agricultural crop and in some cases even insecticides are used during the production process. And it is neither a sustainable production and nor it is a fair trade. In case you visit a store to buy eco-friendly underwear or eco-friendly sportswear made of cotton, inquire whether the material used has been derived by employing green production methods or not. If the store manager is unable to convince you about the source of the material then it would be wise to assume that it is certainly not eco-friendly.
2. The same is the case with wool, which is derived from animals like sheep. Of course, there is no problem in buying organic wool. Wool can be termed as organic if it is derived from sheep that have humane upbringing and is on a natural diet. But large production facilities seldom raise the animals in a sustainable manner and nor are they organically fed. They keep the sheep simply for the wool.
3. Another natural fabric, which is used to make variety of eco-friendly clothing, is hemp. It is also a crop and is derived from the cannibas sativa plant. Before you buy, you need to confirm about the origin of the material. It should be organically and sustainably farmed and sourced from fair trade farmers. This material is used to make yoga pants. To make the fabric soft, durable and stretchy, it is mixed with Lycra. Yoga pants made from hemp can be worn outside too and can also used while performing physical activities other than yoga like cycling, rock climbing etc.
As these are highly durable, you do not need to replace them often.
Business Articles1. Asphalt Driveway Repairs In Long Island – How To Go For It?
Author: Joshua Young
2. Why Social Videos Matters For Video Ad Networks
3. Meet The New York Fashionable Clothes Design Partner
4. High Quality Fashion Merchandising Site In New York.
5. Top Notch Designing Services In New York
6. Meet The Fashion Designing Experts Of New York
7. The Most Reliable Custom Embroidery Partner In Ny
8. Quality Automobile Locksmith Service Is All You Need
9. Keep Your Family And Business Safe With Lock Smith
10. Emergency Locksmith Services Are Readily Available
11. Discover Guaranteed Locksmith Services Today
12. Do Away With Crime For Good Effortlessly
13. It’s True! Global Payroll Outsourcing Has Become Important
Author: Sandra Lee
14. Top 7 Factors To Consider While Choosing Amongst The Best Contemporary And Business Hotels In Delhi
Author: Satya Svelte
15. Translate For A New Atlas
Author: Shreya Gupta