ALL >> Business >> View Article
Three Major Materials For Eco Friendly Clothing
Total Articles: 205
Nowadays, an increasing number of people are embracing green lifestyle and as such, the demand for eco-friendly clothing is on the rise. Since the last five years or so, majority of consumers have been showing interest towards supporting the environment. This is an emerging market and retailers too are catching up to serve their clientele. Although the demand for more choice in environment friendly products is there, still some consumers are confused regarding clothing that can be considered as eco-friendly. Being aware will help you to make an informed choice. Here are some handy tips in this regard:
1. Cotton is by far the most popular fabric. It is widely used and is an excellent choice because it is comfortable, lightweight and versatile. But unfortunately the production methods are not environment friendly. Cotton is an agricultural crop and in some cases even insecticides are used during the production process. And it is neither a sustainable production and nor it is a fair trade. In case you visit a store to buy eco-friendly underwear or eco-friendly sportswear made of cotton, inquire whether the material used has been derived by employing green production methods or not. If the store manager is unable to convince you about the source of the material then it would be wise to assume that it is certainly not eco-friendly.
2. The same is the case with wool, which is derived from animals like sheep. Of course, there is no problem in buying organic wool. Wool can be termed as organic if it is derived from sheep that have humane upbringing and is on a natural diet. But large production facilities seldom raise the animals in a sustainable manner and nor are they organically fed. They keep the sheep simply for the wool.
3. Another natural fabric, which is used to make variety of eco-friendly clothing, is hemp. It is also a crop and is derived from the cannibas sativa plant. Before you buy, you need to confirm about the origin of the material. It should be organically and sustainably farmed and sourced from fair trade farmers. This material is used to make yoga pants. To make the fabric soft, durable and stretchy, it is mixed with Lycra. Yoga pants made from hemp can be worn outside too and can also used while performing physical activities other than yoga like cycling, rock climbing etc.
As these are highly durable, you do not need to replace them often.
Business Articles1. Title Loan: Well Option To Get Cash ?
2. New York Customs Importer Security Filing
3. Hydraulic Pipe Repairs Atlanta Carried Out By Experts In The Industry
4. Hiring A Planner For Your Beach Wedding
Author: Steve Hardin
5. Stag Weekends In Riga
6. Real Time Forex Signals – 3 Ways To Benefit From Them
Author: Marianne Edward
7. Forex Signal Provider – How Do They Assist The Traders?
Author: Marianne Edward
8. Flight Ticket Booking
9. Politicians- Why They Are Being Trolled By Public?
Author: Voteo Polis
10. 7 Biggest Human Resource Mistakes Made By Businesses
Author: Sandra Lee
11. Mobile Beauty Team In Arlington
12. Shop At A Great Knives Store
13. Construction Company In Uk
14. Cool Portable Mini Dvd Players
Author: Justin Kimbrough
15. Get The Complete Contact Details Of Trackvia Database Technology Users That Generates High-quality P
Author: Jordan Smith