ALL >> Health >> View Article
Why Do People Get Dentophobia?
Total Articles: 14
There are more or less 500 identified phobias. Dentophobia (or what is commonly known as fear of dentists) is just one of the hundreds that plague the human mind. Nonetheless, it makes one curious as to what kinds of factors can cause a perfectly normal human being to fear unassuming dentists. Of course, one explanation to this is trauma. Trauma is present in almost any other phobia. But there are also other factors to be considered. The good thing is that this can be overcome by seeking professional help. Therapy sessions and medication can is if not conquer this particular fear of dentists and, in some occasions, dental clinics.
As previously mentioned, trauma is the most common factor in any phobia. Dentophobia, in particular, can give our several scenarios. It can be an accident—something upsetting to bring up like a malpractice in dental surgery, ending up in a lot of blood and screams. You can just imagine how the malpractice went. It can be something more childish. A more generalized fear of doctors or anyone in white robes perhaps. One cause can also be a terrifying encounter with a terror dentist at the age of 7.
This can be a specific pain—they do not like the feel of tooth uprooted from the gums. Or they do not like the idea of having to endure a drill leaving a hole in their tooth. The latter example is in the case of a root canal surgery. This can also be a more generalized fear of pain, also known as agliophobia. If it is the former, dentists can give their patients ways or tips to overcome this anxiety. Medications such as anesthesia can also be applied. If it is the latter, the same process of seeking professional help and therapy can be utilized.
Phobias, like traits, values, and principles, can be passed on to the next generation. This fear of dentists may have been instilled—planted—by one’s parents at an early age (some of them unconsciously done). Parents have such great influence to their children that even their behavior toward things are taken in and digested, embraced as their children’s own. On the other hand, the parents may have consciously (and, perhaps, forcefully) made their children fear dentists—just like them. This is kind of twisted when you think about it. But it is a possible scenario.
Speaking of twisted behavior, here is another possibility. They do not have any trauma. There are no phobias of pain either. Surely, they are also not influenced by anyone. No, they develop dentophobia just by observing other people who are afflicted by it. They have a certain kind of empathy. It can be that they have witnessed first-hand the anxiety and raw fear of someone who has dentophobia. It is also possible that they have developed this fear just by seeing a documentary on dental surgery. There are endless perhaps and maybes. The mind is a very complex organ. It can be triggered by the smallest of things.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel