ALL >> Business >> View Article
Abney Associates Comments On Tencent Joining Exclusive Club
Total Articles: 25
Shenzhen based Tencent Holdings Ltd., who went public in 2004, has now joined six other member companies of the Hang Seng Index worth in excess of $100 billion market capitalization. Many analysts and investors have described the internet provider’s rise to the top as spectacular, with the Chinese concern seeing an average yearly increase in value of nearly $10 billion. The company now ranks alongside giants of the Chinese business community, Petro China Co and China Mobile Ltd.
Tencent has seen its market of Chinese internet users undergo a seven-fold increase in numbers since its inception. Internet users numbered only 87 million in 2004 when the company was formed with the number now standing at 591 million. Tencent, which has led the way in mobile internet innovation, has seen such usage rise 10%, to account for 464 million subscribers, second only to India in terms of mobile internet subscription.
“The growth and scale of Tencent cannot be overlooked, in less than ten years it has grown larger than some very well-known companies like Boeing and Mc Donald’s, their focus has always been on the domestic market and when that is the size of China’s it is a smart move indeed. By getting out in front in terms of mobile use they eclipsed even the larger mobile operators in China and this is paying dividends for them,” said James Carter, Senior Vice President of Mergers and Acquisitions at Abney Associates.
Net income for Tencent is expected to rise 25% for the year as the online gaming market in China, from which the company derives 52% of its income, is expected to have sales of $212.4 billion annually by 2016. The internet providers share value has risen 69% for the year so far outperforming the Hang Seng Index 2.6% rise. Tencent’s largest shareholder with about a third of the company’s shares South African Naspers Ltd has seen its fortunes affected positively with a corresponding 76% rise in share value for the year also.
“Find a massive and ever growing market, get in first and offer the consumer what they want, grow on want they want and your company is set to make a killing, that is a very simple take on Tencent’s extraordinary success. To continue growing all they have to do is not make any major mistakes and their management is doing a fine job of further expanding services and holdings alleviating any concern. As long as China continues to grow at its current pace, Tencent will grow, making it an easy choice for the investor,” added James Carter, Senior Vice President of Mergers and Acquisitions at Abney Associates.
Abney Associates are a Hong Kong based company that provides a range of financial services to individual clients, portfolio companies, corporate investors and entrepreneurs who wish to take unbiased financial advice.
Abney Associates are primarily a team of financial specialists who pride themselves on having a high level of expertise and vast experience for diligently monitoring any positive or negative developments to companies currently listed on exchanges globally, especially those that may affect client investment interests. This is done in order to ensure the financial advice given is factually correct and delivered in an effective way.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining