ALL >> Health >> View Article
Ingrown Hair - Why It Happens And How You Can Avoid It?
Total Articles: 71
What are the possible causes of ingrown hairs?
Ingrown hairs are usually the result of the hair being cut haphazardly leaving sharp ends. Sometimes, distorted follicles can also cause ingrown hairs. In such situation, the hair grows back into the skin by curling back around and starting to grow back into the skin. Listed below are the possible causes of ingrown hair:
• Excess of embedded oil in the hair follicles
• Lack of moisture in the skin
• Build up of dead skin cells in the ingrown hair treatment pores and on the surface of the skin that irritate the hair follicle causing ingrown hair
• Because of hair removal cure for baldness processes including waxing, electrolysis, shaving and tweezing
• Stiff or thick hair
• Improper shaving technique such as shaving too close, or shaving against the direction of hair growth
• Use of a very sharp blade
What are the symptoms of ingrown hairs?
Symptoms of ingrown hairs vary just a minor irritation to infected pustules that may even bleed. Sometimes, ingrown hairs may also be mistaken for acne however they tend to form along traditional shaving lines such as the neck, legs, armpits, bikini area and face and are thereby identified. Given below are some of the more prominent symptoms of ingrown hairs:
• Constant tenderness in the affected area
• Itching, tingling
• Mild to severe pain
• Skin discolouration and rashes
• Trapped, ingrown hairs may cause inflammation; as a reaction the body forms a papule - a small, raised, abnormality on the skin commonly known as a bump giving rise to the term ‘razor bumps'
• The body can also respond by producing a pustule - a blister on the skin containing pus
• An infected pustule can become ruptured resulting in bleeding
• In chronic cases, ingrown hair may cause hard, prominent, irregular scar tissue in the skin
What is the right shaving method to avoid ingrown hairs?
Shaving is the chief cause of ingrown hair. Men especially get ingrown hair in their beard region cure for baldness because of shaving. However, problem of ingrown hairs can be minimized considerably by shaving in the method discussed below:
Preparing the skin
The skin must be prepared for shaving through a 3 steps process of exfoliation, hydration and moisturising. Exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells so that these do not build up on the surface and trap new hairs under the skin as they begin to grow out. A well-hydrated skin makes the cell softer and hair more erect, allowing for smoother and easier shaving. Moisturising helps soften the hair and the surrounding cells so ingrown hairs are less likely to occur.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe