ALL >> Business >> View Article
Antique Furniture Shipping: Doing It The Right Way
Total Articles: 3
Any way you look at it, the best antique furniture exudes both class and heritage. When you’re talking about the Resolute desk in the Oval Office, for example, people will tell you that the desk would have countless stories to impart if it could speak. Other pieces of antique furniture that are hidden in ancestral homes would also possess a rich history.
There is a good market for antique furniture in the United States and around the world. Chances are, you may have some friends who dabble in collecting antique furniture. Investing in antique furniture can be a wise financial decision. On the other hand, you will need the help of a professional furniture shipping company if you want your investments to be shipped to their new location in excellent condition.
The first step in your antique furniture's journey will be to have them appraised with the help of reputable furniture appraisers that specialize in antiques. Take pictures of each item from all angles to properly denote their overall condition before transit. Record the appraisal and collate the pictures, as they will be vital in filing insurance claims. Make it a point to strip the furniture of any loose items and store them in separate containers with proper packing options included.
As most antique furniture will have some delicate parts, take note of these when consulting your preferred freight service for an accurate shipping quote. It is also advisable not to tape any drawers shut to prevent leaving ugly streaks on the finish. Take note that certain pieces of wood will need adequate temperature control to preserve their integrity during transit; representatives from your furniture shipping company can work out the details.
What if some pieces in your collection are extremely valuable, and a simple scratch could see their value drop sharply? To prevent any damages, you'll have to ask the shipping company to have it crated. Representatives from the shipping company may also suggest securing the antique with bubble-wrap and wooden backing to avoid damages.
Collecting antique furniture is a wonderful passion and a wise business move. Transporting them safely helps secure your investment. To learn more, check out: antiques.about.com/od/sellingantiques/qt/How-To-Pack-And-Ship-Antiques-And-Collectibles-Safely.htm.
Business Articles1. How To Start A Business With Eglobedata’s Transportation Industry Email List
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Web Design Service Provider
3. Custom Aluminum Cnc Machining Service
4. Education Top University In Rajasthan
5. High Precision Machined Components
6. Literom As A College Management Software
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
7. Simplifying Gst: Public Awareness Of Massive Gst Evasion Must Start Before Raids
Author: Mohit Yadev
8. Why Is B2b Online Marketplace So Important To Grow Your Business Soon?
Author: Gail Herper
9. Are Evaluations Truly Useful In Deciding Legitimate Movers & Packers.
10. Importance Of Using Security Cameras
11. Roofing Oklahoma City Has Simplified
Author: Fred Lydick
12. Benefits Of Hiring An Accountant In Meridian
13. How To Choose A Reputed And Professional Charlotte Mold Removal Company
14. Video Production Atlanta – Video Production Services Atlanta Have Become Enough Competitive
Author: William Brown
15. Thermal Liquid Heaters