ALL >> Business >> View Article
Antique Furniture Shipping: Doing It The Right Way
Total Articles: 3
Any way you look at it, the best antique furniture exudes both class and heritage. When you’re talking about the Resolute desk in the Oval Office, for example, people will tell you that the desk would have countless stories to impart if it could speak. Other pieces of antique furniture that are hidden in ancestral homes would also possess a rich history.
There is a good market for antique furniture in the United States and around the world. Chances are, you may have some friends who dabble in collecting antique furniture. Investing in antique furniture can be a wise financial decision. On the other hand, you will need the help of a professional furniture shipping company if you want your investments to be shipped to their new location in excellent condition.
The first step in your antique furniture's journey will be to have them appraised with the help of reputable furniture appraisers that specialize in antiques. Take pictures of each item from all angles to properly denote their overall condition before transit. Record the appraisal and collate the pictures, as they will be vital in filing insurance claims. Make it a point to strip the furniture of any loose items and store them in separate containers with proper packing options included.
As most antique furniture will have some delicate parts, take note of these when consulting your preferred freight service for an accurate shipping quote. It is also advisable not to tape any drawers shut to prevent leaving ugly streaks on the finish. Take note that certain pieces of wood will need adequate temperature control to preserve their integrity during transit; representatives from your furniture shipping company can work out the details.
What if some pieces in your collection are extremely valuable, and a simple scratch could see their value drop sharply? To prevent any damages, you'll have to ask the shipping company to have it crated. Representatives from the shipping company may also suggest securing the antique with bubble-wrap and wooden backing to avoid damages.
Collecting antique furniture is a wonderful passion and a wise business move. Transporting them safely helps secure your investment. To learn more, check out: antiques.about.com/od/sellingantiques/qt/How-To-Pack-And-Ship-Antiques-And-Collectibles-Safely.htm.
Business Articles1. Some Facts About Event Planning
2. Why Should I Hire An Event Planner?
3. Why Should I Hire An Event Planning Agency For Corporate Events?
4. Render A Successful Event With The Right Event Planning Agency
5. Event Management Agency – To Manage Events Successfully
6. Denis Vincent - Le Parcours Extraordinaire D'un Homme Ordinaire
Author: Denis Vincent
7. Rising Damp Treatment For Your House – Who To Choose And How
Author: George Dean
8. Certified Packers And Movers In Gurgaon
Author: gajendra singh
9. Benefits Of Using Pressure Washing Services
Author: Anu Radha
10. Understanding Payroll Fraud And Preventing It
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
11. Glow Art Board Add A Touch Of Glow To Your Art
Author: baby gander
12. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
Author: Ross Barkely
13. Importance Of Recycling The Waste Water
Author: Manoj Shukla
14. Mold Removal Toronto With The Best Package Of All Time
Author: jacob fairley
15. Find Property For Rent
Author: Find Property For Rent