ALL >> Health >> View Article
6 Month Smiles
Total Articles: 13
The 6 month smiles system is an adult orthodontics treatment used to move teeth into proper alignment, in a shorter period of time compared to traditional braces. This system uses customised clear brackets and tooth-coloured wires to straighten teeth in a comfortable and discreet manner without the presence of very obvious metal wires and brackets inside the mouth.
6 month smiles is ideal for adults who are 15 years and above, who wish to straighten front teeth without the need for major bite alterations. This orthodontic treatment gently yet effectively moves the teeth in just a few months of treatment, compared to a treatment period that can span years when using traditional metal braces.
Benefits of the 6 Month Smiles
Shorter Treatment Period – As the name suggests, the teeth straightening results of a 6 month smiles treatment can be expected after an average treatment time of six months; teeth are straightened from four to nine months, depending on the individual teeth straightening needs. This is much shorter compared to the total treatment time needed by traditional orthodontic braces. The treatment focuses on straightening the front teeth – specifically those that can be seen when one smiles.
Discreet Teeth Straightening – Adult teeth straightening can successfully be completed in a discreet manner with the 6 month smiles, which uses tooth-coloured wires and custom-made clear brackets to move teeth into better alignment. This orthodontic system does not use metal parts (wires and brackets) that can readily be seen, which can be a source of embarrassment for adults who wish improve the appearance of spaced or crooked teeth. Straightening of the teeth that are seen when one smiles can be done, and completed, without anyone else knowing about the fact.
More Comfortable Treatment – The custom-made brackets conform precisely to the patient’s mouth specifications, with no bulky or awkward-feeling parts inside the mouth. There are no instances of mouth sores developing inside the mouth due to irritation from the metal parts. In addition, the 6 month smiles straightens teeth using gentle forces, which contribute to improved comfort compared to the strong pressure and force that can be experienced with the use of traditional dental braces.
More Practical – The cost associated with a 6 month smiles treatment is generally lower compared to traditional orthodontic braces, veneers, or aligner therapy. Since the overall treatment period is much shorter (compared to using dental braces), the overall cost is decreased as well.
Kensington Dental Practice offers latest treatments in dentistry including cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, anti-wrinkle treatments & dermal fillers. Our treatments include Invisalign, orthodontics, ceramic crowns & inlays, sedation for nervous patients. If you are searching for a dental practice using keywords, dental veneers London or cosmetic dentist London, visit us at http://kensingtondental.co.uk
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important