ALL >> Education >> View Article
Four Common Misconceptions Students Of Cambridge English Have About The Ielts Exam
Total Articles: 2
Four common misconceptions students of Cambridge English have about the IELTS exam
Some students tend to get nervous on an International English Language Test no matter how much they have studied or how well they have done in the past on any practice IELTS exam. Often, students will inevitably make mistakes during testing.
However, students who are well prepared make less mistakes and will perform better on any IELTS exam and use Cambridge English to their full advantage. Some common misconceptions a student may have are:
More is always better on International English Language test
More is not always better. The sad reality is that many students using Cambridge English think using more words on a 250-word IELTS exam will show how smart they are. However, using more words can be a Cambridge English student’s pitfall. This is because there is more opportunity for a writer to make serious mistakes that will cost points on an International English Language Test.
More connective words make for a better essay.
This is a sad myth. Using more connective words only tells an International English Language Test examiner that you do not know how to write a concise sentence or thought. This is why you should keep connective words to a minimum.
Essay-writing Cambridge English students may not struggle with writing section
Students may realize they are not strong at essay writing. It may not help either getting a topic on an IELTS exam that you do not understand. Even if you do not understand the topic, do attempt to write on that subject. Often, IELTS exam scorers are looking for specific key point ideas on those subjects. Without proof that you are knowledgeable about these subjects, they may not be able to offer any points.
Speaking with an accent is the same as mispronunciation
Some students may be better at speaking than writing on an International English Language Test. Keep in mind though that accent does not necessarily matter. Your pronunciation does. This is why students with strong accents may want to speak slowly to avoid being misunderstood during the speaking portion of any test. Some students confuse speaking with an accent and mispronouncing a word as being the same thing. This is why some Cambridge English students may want to hire a speech coach before the exam.
Education Articles1. One Of The Best And Renowned Cbse School In Pcmc, Pune - Academic Heights Public School
Author: Academic Heights Public School
2. Best Selenium Training Institute In Marathahalli Bangalore
Author: Gyan Guide
3. Accelerate Your Stagnant Career With An Executive Mba
Author: Great Learning
4. Open Access Online Journal Helps Researchers To Provide Research Papers
Author: Dr. Pawan Verma
5. New Mobile App.- 1.9 Launched By Justdakhila For Those Parents Searching School For Their Children
6. Best Spoken English, Pte, Ielts, Toefl Classes In Kurukshetra Harayana
Author: British Institute
7. Improve Career Path With Sap Certification | Sap Simple Finance Training
Author: venkat reddy
8. What Is Digital Marketing? What Are The Modules In Digital Marketing Courses?
9. Take Admissions In One Of The Best Engineering College
Author: ponting brown
10. Ccna Training: A Way For Bright Future
11. Doing The Sunday School Activities Perfectly And Own The Peace
Author: Parveen Kumar
12. Sap C_terp10_67 – Business Process Integration Certification
Author: Jose White
13. Usage Of Selenium In Automated Testing
Author: Siyaram Ray
14. Sap Certified Technology Associate – C_hanatech_11 Edition 2016
Author: Jose White
15. Pmp Is A Rage Among Employers As Well. Enrol For Pmp Training In Hyderabad Right Away