ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
The 4 C’s Of An Exquisite Diamond Jewelry
Total Articles: 34
A diamond is a girl’s bestfriend. So clear, so brilliant and so beautiful a jewel. Are you looking for the perfect diamond engagement ring? You’ve probably heard about certifications, grading, scales and colors, but to make the task easier, let’s simplify your checklist into four C’s.
The four C’s of diamond:
1. Cut- determines the brilliance of a diamond. Do not confuse a diamond’s “cut” with “shape”. Cut refers the reflective qualities of a diamond- the better it is done, the more sparkle the jewelry will have. The brilliance that comes from the very heart of a diamond is revealed by its cut. Angles produced by the cut and the finish define its ability to handle light, making the diamond truly brilliant. A diamond becomes so mesmerizing with its light travelling through the table, all the way to the pavilion, reflecting from one side to another and finally reflecting back the light out on to the observer’s eyes. A casual eye may not be able to discern a poorly cut diamond from an ideally cut diamond, but you can buy one with an AGS certificate that indicates the cut grade:
• Very Good
• Fair and Poor
2. Clarity- refers to the absence of blemishes on and within the stone. When grading stones according to their clarity, the term used is “inclusion” whether in or on the diamond. Specifically, however, inclusions (within) the diamond may be bubbles, cracks and other non- diamond minerals. (Surface) blemishes are either pits, scratches or chips. These imperfections may have occurred in the process when the stone was being cut. Diamonds with less or no inclusions are rarer, and therefore highly valued. Diamond clarity grades are:
• F or Flawless- a completely rare diamond with no external or internal flaws.
• IF or Internally Flawless- a very rare diamond without internal flaws, but has some surface blemishes.
• VVS1- VVS2 or (2 grades of ) Very Very Slightly Included- tiny inclusions that are hardly detectable by a trained gemologist under 10x magnification.
• VS1- VS2 or (2 grades of) Very Slightly Included- tiny inclusions can somewhat be detected under 10x magnification.
• SI1- SI2 or (2 grades of) Slightly Included- inclusions are more visible under 10x magnification.
• I1- I2- I3- (3 grades of) Included- inclusions are visible under 10x magnification and the naked human eye.
3. Color- like a clear window, a diamond is colorless and the rarest of these gems are truly crystal white and clear. More light passes through a colorless diamond, that’s why it emits more sparkle and fire. A diamond whiter in color has greater value. It’s color grade are labeled alphabetically from D- X sequence. Very rare diamonds most valuable and desired are grades D- F. These few rare and exquisite jewelries are a treat to anyone’s eyes. Nonetheless, stone grades from G to I, although slightly colorless, are still very attractive. J to M grade diamonds have a hint of yellow and a warmer glow that some people prefer.
4. Carat- a unit of measurement for the weight of a diamond. One carat is equivalent to 0.2 grams or 200 milligrams. Note that carat weight is different from “karat” that is used to measure the purity of gold.
Diamonds are formed rarely through a natural process, and minerals that develop into such stone are found in small amounts. Thus, larger diamonds are rarer and have greater value per carat. The price of a diamond rises exponentially according to its size.
Determine your budget when buying the right diamond ring. For the price of an engagement ring, “two months salary” is a general rule of thumb. Does she haves slender fingers? A small diamond ring will look bigger, even a 1- carat stone. But it’s just as fine if she prefers a larger jewelry item.
A gem so clear, sparkling and exquisite- a diamond, she and your love. Buy diamond online and find the perfect engagement ring at GoldeNet.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Dupatta Draping Styles That Are Worth A Try With Favourite Velvet Lehengas
Author: Sonali Lad
2. Diesel Watches - Setting New Trends With Designer Watches
Author: Vipul Sharma
3. Men’s Best Haircut Brooklyn Can Be Only Performed By A Trained And Experienced Barber!
Author: John Smith
4. Select Designer Jewellery For Men And Woman Online
Author: Kuldeep Singh
5. What You Don’t Know About T Shirt Printing
Author: Kelly Hill
6. Online Shopping - A Super-time-saving Option
7. Just Click And Buy While Sitting In The Comfort Of Your Home
8. What You Should Look For In A Sofa | Check Out!
9. Buying Bed Online Is Easy, Affordable & Time Saving!
10. Bring A New Look With Kolhapuri Chappals Women
Author: Purely lush
11. Flexible Fashion: Cole Haan’s Innovative Classics
Author: Dan Zapatka
12. Tips For Choosing The Right Baby Clothes
Author: Vishank Goel
Author: sai bhargav
14. Engraving A Men’s Bark Ring Or Other Wedding Ring Options
Author: Olivia E Shoemaker
15. Choosing Handmade Designer Jewellery As A Gift
Author: Manali S