ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
The 4 C’s Of An Exquisite Diamond Jewelry
Total Articles: 34
A diamond is a girl’s bestfriend. So clear, so brilliant and so beautiful a jewel. Are you looking for the perfect diamond engagement ring? You’ve probably heard about certifications, grading, scales and colors, but to make the task easier, let’s simplify your checklist into four C’s.
The four C’s of diamond:
1. Cut- determines the brilliance of a diamond. Do not confuse a diamond’s “cut” with “shape”. Cut refers the reflective qualities of a diamond- the better it is done, the more sparkle the jewelry will have. The brilliance that comes from the very heart of a diamond is revealed by its cut. Angles produced by the cut and the finish define its ability to handle light, making the diamond truly brilliant. A diamond becomes so mesmerizing with its light travelling through the table, all the way to the pavilion, reflecting from one side to another and finally reflecting back the light out on to the observer’s eyes. A casual eye may not be able to discern a poorly cut diamond from an ideally cut diamond, but you can buy one with an AGS certificate that indicates the cut grade:
• Very Good
• Fair and Poor
2. Clarity- refers to the absence of blemishes on and within the stone. When grading stones according to their clarity, the term used is “inclusion” whether in or on the diamond. Specifically, however, inclusions (within) the diamond may be bubbles, cracks and other non- diamond minerals. (Surface) blemishes are either pits, scratches or chips. These imperfections may have occurred in the process when the stone was being cut. Diamonds with less or no inclusions are rarer, and therefore highly valued. Diamond clarity grades are:
• F or Flawless- a completely rare diamond with no external or internal flaws.
• IF or Internally Flawless- a very rare diamond without internal flaws, but has some surface blemishes.
• VVS1- VVS2 or (2 grades of ) Very Very Slightly Included- tiny inclusions that are hardly detectable by a trained gemologist under 10x magnification.
• VS1- VS2 or (2 grades of) Very Slightly Included- tiny inclusions can somewhat be detected under 10x magnification.
• SI1- SI2 or (2 grades of) Slightly Included- inclusions are more visible under 10x magnification.
• I1- I2- I3- (3 grades of) Included- inclusions are visible under 10x magnification and the naked human eye.
3. Color- like a clear window, a diamond is colorless and the rarest of these gems are truly crystal white and clear. More light passes through a colorless diamond, that’s why it emits more sparkle and fire. A diamond whiter in color has greater value. It’s color grade are labeled alphabetically from D- X sequence. Very rare diamonds most valuable and desired are grades D- F. These few rare and exquisite jewelries are a treat to anyone’s eyes. Nonetheless, stone grades from G to I, although slightly colorless, are still very attractive. J to M grade diamonds have a hint of yellow and a warmer glow that some people prefer.
4. Carat- a unit of measurement for the weight of a diamond. One carat is equivalent to 0.2 grams or 200 milligrams. Note that carat weight is different from “karat” that is used to measure the purity of gold.
Diamonds are formed rarely through a natural process, and minerals that develop into such stone are found in small amounts. Thus, larger diamonds are rarer and have greater value per carat. The price of a diamond rises exponentially according to its size.
Determine your budget when buying the right diamond ring. For the price of an engagement ring, “two months salary” is a general rule of thumb. Does she haves slender fingers? A small diamond ring will look bigger, even a 1- carat stone. But it’s just as fine if she prefers a larger jewelry item.
A gem so clear, sparkling and exquisite- a diamond, she and your love. Buy diamond online and find the perfect engagement ring at GoldeNet.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Visit Best Beauty Parlour Or Bridal Makeup Salon In Jaipur
Author: Sudhanshu Sharma
2. Colors School Of Fashion Technology
Author: Ganesh Kumar
3. Where To Find Best Plus Size Pyjamas In Australia Online?
Author: Maria Martniz
4. 7 Tips For Sleeping Tight At Night!
Author: Suruchi Mittal
5. Glamorously Store Your Essentials With Coach Bags!
6. Get The Best Dance Leotards For Girls At Your Leisure!
Author: Hailey Dancewear
7. Fashion Designing Courses In Chennai
Author: Ganesh Kumar
8. 5 Ways To Style Beanies For A Classy Winter Look For Men
Author: Dennis Silvernail
9. Is It A Good Time To Purchase Some Accessories For Your Handsome?
Author: Steve Rowe
10. Choose A Luxury Jewellry Gift For Someone Special
Author: Lion Smith
11. 4 Secrets For Buying Nature Engagement Rings Online
Author: Olivia E Shoemaker
12. Cole Haan Chukka: The History Of A Premium Brand
Author: Dan Zapatka
13. Mountain High Outfitters Opens Store At Village 21 In Hillsboro Village
14. 2 Options For Custom Handmade Engagement Rings
Author: Olivia E Shoemaker