ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
The Best Green Cars Available In 2013
Total Articles: 533
When buying a new car, you want to make sure you get the most for your money, and that still applies when it's time to stop at the gas station. The truth is, even with a long commute, your new car could need refueling just once a month. If it sounds too good to be true, you haven't visited a Chevy dealer lately. With the wide array of fuel efficient Chevrolet vehicles available, you can save money and reduce emissions, making Chevrolet a great choice for green city and highway driving.
The 2013 Chevy Volt comes equipped with an advanced lithium-ion battery that allows gas-free driving for up to 38 miles per charge. Featured as one of the Kelly Blue Book 10 Best Green Cars of 2013, the Volt also has a gas-powered generator producing electricity while you drive, so electric and gas together can keep you going for a total of 380 miles. According to the Chevrolet website, Volt owners have collectively driven a hundred-million clean electric miles and counting, helping keep the environment that much cleaner. In addition to saving fuel, the Volt can save you money right up front. The federal tax savings for choosing a fuel-efficient vehicle can add up to $7500 at the end of the year, just another reward for owning a high MPG car.
Another Chevy vehicle designed to get you more miles for your money is the Chevy Malibu Eco with 37 miles per gallon. The 15kW electric motor generator works with the ECOTEC 2.4L Direct Injection 4-cylinder engine to preserve energy. Energy efficient features were integrated into the vehicle from Chevy's intelligent engineering team. Battery energy-powered accessories are turned on when the car is stopped, switching the car from running on gas to using battery power. Regenerative braking captures extra power during braking with the vehicles eAssist, converting power to electricity and storing it for later use.
The Chevy Cruze Eco gets an even greater fuel economy with 42 mpg highway. An efficient 1.4L turbocharged engine takes advantage of aerodynamics reducing any drag. Lightweight wheels also increase efficiency, and at highway speed, the front fascia's front aero shutter feature shuts to also improve aerodynamics.
The Volt, Malibu Eco and Cruze Eco are just some of many great money-saving, environmentally conscious vehicles available from Chevrolet. In addition to several electric and hybrid models, they also offer diesel cars that can significantly reduce your visits to the fuel pump. Visit your local Chevy dealer today to learn more about your options for cleaner, better driving.
DePaula Chevrolet is a leading Chevy dealership serving the Albany, NY area. We are your one stop place for anything Chevrolet related! If you are searching for Chevrolet dealers using the keywords Albany Chevy or Amsterdam Chevy, come visit our showroom today!
Automobiles Articles1. Purchasing Harley Starter Replacement From The Web!
2. How To Purchase Harley Starter Drives?
3. Guidelines On Purchasing Harley Starters!
4. 7 Car Financing Tips For Purchasing A New Or Used Car
Author: Haggerty Ford
5. Buying New Or Pre-owned Vehicles From Car Dealer
Author: Neal Weaver
6. Basic Of Maintaining Good Health Of Your Electric Bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
7. Top Things To Know About Lamborghini Diablo
Author: Jason Jones
8. Replace Your Old Gallardo Exhaust System To Improve The Performance Of Your Super-car
Author: Jason Jones
9. Auto Repair Shop Bluffton To Maintain The Perfect Condition Of Your Car In No Time
Author: Ray Pringle
10. Important Wheel Alignment Information
Author: Ray Pringle
11. Explore An Amazing Ride With Wraith Luxury And Sports Car Rental
12. How To Formulate Your Car Drive Secure And Relaxed With The Precise Choice Of Tyres?
Author: My Tyre Point
13. Important Questions To Ask Before Rustproofing Your Car
Author: Efrain Rivas
14. Affordable Crane Services For Vehicles
Author: Shailesh Vyas
15. Things To Consider When Choosing Vw Garage Services
Author: Heston VW