ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Exposed Aggregate Concrete- Things You Should Know
Total Articles: 200
Exposed aggregate concrete is still commonly used even now right from its birth in the early 1900s due to its decorative properties. In the past two decades, exposed aggregate concrete has emerged to be one of the foremost features of exposed concrete Melbourne households and commercial properties. We get to see exposed aggregate in a broad range of applications these days. If it's a drive that has a lifeless dull look then exposed aggregate can provide that perfect look. It is also used in commercial projects as well where style matters a lot.
The exposed aggregate is available in a wide range of colors and finishes. There are a large number of different Slate impressions Melbourne available for the required perfect look. With exposed aggregate concrete it is possible to change the colors and features or mix them in order to create an eye pleasing environment that brings life to any place, whether it be a driveway or some commercial property.
Use of exposed aggregate concrete in construction involves pouring the concrete and letting it settle down on its own for a number of hours. It is then toweled followed by applying a retardant to it. After that the highest layer is swabbed away using the pressure wash method which thus exposes the aggregate in the mix. After that the crack control joints are cut and the exposed aggregate concrete is acid washed. Two coats of sealer are applied to the aggregate at the end.
Correct sealing is a crucial element of proper maintenance. The appropriate sealer not only boosts the beauty of the concrete patio or deck but also protects it against stains and weather related damages. A proper sealer for exposed aggregate concrete should have four qualities listed below:
1. It should dry to a thick film
2. It should resist yellowing process
3. It must accept additional coats in the future
4. It should resist possible stains like the pool chemical or food or the motor oil
De-cracking of concretes is done by treating joints, edges and structural cracks to give them a premium look. Also the sealer should not be used in excess because that will really slow down the absorption process and thus more sealer will have to be used which would add to the cost. The concrete should be resealed every two or three years because it helps preserve the beauty and the life of the concrete aggregate. They look quite like a piece of marble when unpolished but when it's polished it appears to reveal exceptional beauty lying beneath. When it comes to their beauty, it is in the form of ornamental aggregate that can be natural or manufactured.
It is used on exterior surfaces like driveways and patios. It has the tempting architectural appearance and lasts long. The exposed concrete offers an artistic, durable and cost effective design solution. Designs made with them are weed free, beautiful and last for decades. The surface of such aggregate is slip free and requires low maintenance which adds to its profitable features.
Home and Garden Articles1. When Should You Consider Hiring A Property Management Service?
Author: Simply Property Management
2. 3 Reasons Why A Dishwasher As A Appliance Is Better Than Hand-washing
Author: Jackson Wood
3. Decorative Concrete Is Really Useful In Home Adornment
Author: Anu Walia
4. Minka Aire Fans – An Ideal Solution For Maximizing Comfort
Author: Bryson Kaleb
5. Exceptional Features Of Decorative Concrete Flooring
Author: Anu Walia
6. Something Wicked This Way Comes
Author: Lauren Kyes
7. Can Shower Replacement Improve The Look Of Your Bathroom?
8. Walk In Tubs: Soak In The Feeling Of True Relaxation
9. How To Make Your Move ‘green’ While Saving Money
Author: James Draper
10. How To Plan Your Home Renovation Process
Author: James Kyle
11. Great Tips For Improving The Lawn With Lawn Mowing Services
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Add A Value To Your Property By Installing Louvre Shutter
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. How To Care For Interior And Exterior Concrete Floors
Author: Mark Moore
14. How Much Does Professional Asbestos Popcorn Removal Cost?
Author: Jacob Ethan
15. Transform Your House With Remodeling Services In Denver
Author: John Cooper