ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Exposed Aggregate Concrete- Things You Should Know
Total Articles: 200
Exposed aggregate concrete is still commonly used even now right from its birth in the early 1900s due to its decorative properties. In the past two decades, exposed aggregate concrete has emerged to be one of the foremost features of exposed concrete Melbourne households and commercial properties. We get to see exposed aggregate in a broad range of applications these days. If it's a drive that has a lifeless dull look then exposed aggregate can provide that perfect look. It is also used in commercial projects as well where style matters a lot.
The exposed aggregate is available in a wide range of colors and finishes. There are a large number of different Slate impressions Melbourne available for the required perfect look. With exposed aggregate concrete it is possible to change the colors and features or mix them in order to create an eye pleasing environment that brings life to any place, whether it be a driveway or some commercial property.
Use of exposed aggregate concrete in construction involves pouring the concrete and letting it settle down on its own for a number of hours. It is then toweled followed by applying a retardant to it. After that the highest layer is swabbed away using the pressure wash method which thus exposes the aggregate in the mix. After that the crack control joints are cut and the exposed aggregate concrete is acid washed. Two coats of sealer are applied to the aggregate at the end.
Correct sealing is a crucial element of proper maintenance. The appropriate sealer not only boosts the beauty of the concrete patio or deck but also protects it against stains and weather related damages. A proper sealer for exposed aggregate concrete should have four qualities listed below:
1. It should dry to a thick film
2. It should resist yellowing process
3. It must accept additional coats in the future
4. It should resist possible stains like the pool chemical or food or the motor oil
De-cracking of concretes is done by treating joints, edges and structural cracks to give them a premium look. Also the sealer should not be used in excess because that will really slow down the absorption process and thus more sealer will have to be used which would add to the cost. The concrete should be resealed every two or three years because it helps preserve the beauty and the life of the concrete aggregate. They look quite like a piece of marble when unpolished but when it's polished it appears to reveal exceptional beauty lying beneath. When it comes to their beauty, it is in the form of ornamental aggregate that can be natural or manufactured.
It is used on exterior surfaces like driveways and patios. It has the tempting architectural appearance and lasts long. The exposed concrete offers an artistic, durable and cost effective design solution. Designs made with them are weed free, beautiful and last for decades. The surface of such aggregate is slip free and requires low maintenance which adds to its profitable features.
Home and Garden Articles1. A House That Gives You Opportunity To Make The Most Out Of Living Space
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
2. The White Teak Company - The New Destination For Luxury Home Decor
3. Wardrobes In Kirti Nagar
Author: Alisha Shah
4. Luxury British Brand Furniture Collection Set To Reach Auction
5. Tips To Plan A Father’s Day Party At Home In Lilburn Ga
Author: Melinda Harris
6. Explanation On Why Furniture Stores In Perth Is Important
Author: Kai Baxter
7. 6 Key Reasons Why Limestone Is One Of The Best Building Materials
Author: Daniel Maxted
8. 11 Best Things To Do When You Are Alone
Author: Nug Brand
9. Mortgage Broker Markham
10. Sobha Chennai – Buy Luxury Apartments, Flats, Plots & Homes In Omr Porur Chennai
Author: Sobha Limited
11. How To Do Upholstery Cleaning – 5 Diy Tips
Author: Mike Aurtho
12. Landscaping – We Help You To Bring Your Imagination Into Reality
Author: Simmy Ahuja
13. Home Decor Trends You Must Know This Year
Author: Ajay Sharma
14. Smart Ways To Reduce Waste Around You
Author: Hampry Gomes
15. What’s Important To Know While Revamping Your Home
Author: Ajay Sharma