ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Chevrolet's Onstar Options
Total Articles: 2
Safety is usually a number one concern when it comes to buying a new vehicle. So what can GM vehicles offer you that other cars may not? OnStar. OnStar is GM-based service that comes standard in all new GM vehicles. Though the service comes free for the first several months after taking ownership, the trial eventually ends and owners must decide to continue on with the service. There are several different OnStar options available in Chevrolet vehicles, and it is important to determine which features best fit your needs.
For around $30 per month, OnStar will provide five difference services to Chevrolet drivers. These include emergency services, hands-free options, remote assistance services, vehicle diagnostics and turn-by-turn navigation.
Emergency services provides support should an accident happen. Among these services is automatic crash response. This service contacts the necessary authorities and police when the driver is not able to. Should the driver be hurt and unable the reach their phone, Chevrolet's OnStar automatic crash response can do this for them.
Hands-free options allow OnStar to sync with your phone, so you can use the many features of your phone while driving. Many states and cities do not allow for mobile phone use while driving, which makes syncing your phone all that more convenient. Drivers can also download the RemoteLink mobile application on their phone to see information from their phone displayed on their navigation screen.
Vehicle diagnostics can be run by OnStar to let drivers know when there is a problem with their car, or if something needs to be serviced in the near future. This means no more guessing on what could be wrong with your car, your car actually tells you. Vehicle diagnostics can also be run on your Smartphone through the RemoteLink app, so that you are aware of vehicle problems before you ever step in it. You can also check real-time fuel information, your remaining oil life and current tire pressure. RemoteLink also allows you to start your vehicle, unlock your doors, or activate lights and horn using your smartphone.
The last option, which comes on Chevrolet's OnStar service plan, is turn-by-turn navigation. Simply connect to OnStar and give them your destination, OnStar will process this and navigate you over the speaker system to instruct you where to go. Use RemoteLink and the directions will be displayed on the actual navigation screen.
Chevrolet's OnStar options have gone beyond just emergency assistance; they provide the driver with the tools to make any commute safe and enjoyable. For a demonstration of Chevrolet's OnStar Options, stop by your local Chevrolet dealer today.
At Rick Hendrick Chevrolet, we specialize in new and used Chevrolet cars, trucks, and sport-utility vehicles. We have a strong and committed sales staff with many years of experience satisfying our customers' needs. If you are searching for Chevrolet vehicle using the keywords, Chevrolet Georgia or Georgia Chevy, come visit our showroom today!
Automobiles Articles1. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
2. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
3. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen
4. Car Detailing And Car Washing – Is There Any Difference In Actual?
Author: neel patel
5. Why Buying High Performance Parts Online Is The Best Choice For Racing Car Enthusiasts
6. 5 Probable Causes For Car Engine Failure
Author: Paul Zervos
7. When Should You Opt For A Limo Service Dallas
8. Why Opt For A Limo Service Fort Worth
9. Advantages Offered By A Limo Service Dallas
10. How To Get A Truck For Rent Or A Truck Load In This Busy World
Author: Truck for rent
11. Recent Trends In Car Pooling And Car Rental In New Zealand
Author: ashok saraswat
12. The Use Of Cummins Compound Turbocharger Results In Sped Up Motor
Author: Rip Rook
13. Wearing Novelty Helmets Motorcycle Can Keep You Protected While Riding!
Author: Dickens Ben
14. Your Search For The #1 Engine Test Stand Ends Here
Author: Al Freilich
15. Best And Affordabale Car, Bus, Tempo Traveller Services In Pune – Neetabus Shubhyatra
Author: Neetabus Shubhyatra