ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
2014 Ram 1500 Towing Capabilities
Total Articles: 5
If you're looking for a vehicle with the best towing capabilities out there, we may have found something for you. For the fifth year in a room, RAM's 1500 series is on the marking and expected to put competitors, like the Ford F-150 back in their place. The 2014 RAM 1500 is rumored to achieve new best-in-class town ratings for V-6 gasoline pickup trucks.
Starting off the trim is the standard-cab, rear-drive, half-ton truck with a Pentastar 3.6-liter engine. Reaching 305 horsepower, the truck can pull a whopping 7,450-pound trailer. This is an exceptional improvement from the 2013 model that maxed out its towing capabilities at 6,500 lbs. It's also a vast improvement from its greatest competitor, the 3.7-liter V-6 in Ford's F-150, which only pulls a measly 6,100 pounds. It also puts this vehicle on par with the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra, which have a tow rating of 7200 pounds. The increase the RAM's towing capabilities resulted in several internal upgrades. Dodge added a more robust parking gear to the exclusive eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission. This ensures the truck and trailer both remain stationary when parked on a steep grade.
For those looking for increase towing capability and improved fuel economy should look into the 2014 RAM 1500 Eco Diesel, which tows a monstrous 9200 pounds. Rear wheel drive is standard in the 2014 RAM 1500 Eco Diesel drive though it does come with the options of being a regular cab or long bed truck. A 3.0-liter V6 turbo engine is the power behind the Eco Diesel's towing capacity. The Eco Diesel boasts 240 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque. The truck also has an eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission to ensure parking is not a problem. The 2013 RAM 1500 Eco Diesel gets an outstanding 25 mpg. This makes the truck as strong at the 5.7-liter Hemi V8 truck, towing wise, but also fuel efficient in the process. The base trim 2014 RAM 1500 with the Pentastar V-6 engine will start at $25,295 and is expected to be on sale by September 2013. You will also be able to find the RAM 1500 Eco Diesel on sale for only $2,850 above the Hemi-powered RAM.
For more information on the new 2014 Ford F-150, call or visit your local ford dealership for a test drive. Don't forget to bring your trailer to find out what this truck can really do.
Roseville Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM is your premier Minneapolis Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealer. If you are searching for auto dealers using the keywords Ram dealer Longfellow MN or Dodge dealer Shoreview MN, look no further for new and used cars, trucks and SUV's!
Automobiles Articles1. The Real Reason We Need To Stop Trying Too Hard In Car Servicing And Repair
Author: James Elston
2. Now Is The Time For You To Know The Truth About Car Valeting
Author: Rhys Gibson
3. Modify A Chopper Using Custom Made Parts Which Are Now Available Online
Author: Levi Fysh
4. How To Acquire A Higher Loan-to-value Percentage On Your Auto Loan?
Author: jeffery reynold
5. Lightweight Folding Bike – It’s The Best Travel Bike Out There!
Author: Paul Pinigis
6. What Sort Of Things You Need To Consider During A Long Drive?
Author: My Tyre Point
7. Effective On Roadside Assistance For Car Lockouts In Raleigh, Nc
Author: Jasin Walva
8. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Unit Manufacturer In Pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
10. Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune- India| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
11. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Manufacture In Pune| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
12. Gps Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
13. Vehicle Tracking System Manufacturer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
14. Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
15. Gps And Gsm Vehicle Tracking System| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd