ALL » Automobiles >> View Article
2014 Ram 1500 Towing CapabilitiesBy Expert Author: Robert Brown
If you're looking for a vehicle with the best towing capabilities out there, we may have found something for you. For the fifth year in a room, RAM's 1500 series is on the marking and expected to put competitors, like the Ford F-150 back in their place. The 2014 RAM 1500 is rumored to achieve new best-in-class town ratings for V-6 gasoline pickup trucks.
Starting off the trim is the standard-cab, rear-drive, half-ton truck with a Pentastar 3.6-liter engine. Reaching 305 horsepower, the truck can pull a whopping 7,450-pound trailer. This is an exceptional improvement from the 2013 model that maxed out its towing capabilities at 6,500 lbs. It's also a vast improvement from its greatest competitor, the 3.7-liter V-6 in Ford's F-150, which only pulls a measly 6,100 pounds. It also puts this vehicle on par with the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra, which have a tow rating of 7200 pounds. The increase the RAM's towing capabilities resulted in several internal upgrades. Dodge added a more robust parking gear to the exclusive eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission. This ensures the truck and trailer both remain stationary when parked on a steep grade.
For those looking for increase towing capability and improved fuel economy should look into the 2014 RAM 1500 Eco Diesel, which tows a monstrous 9200 pounds. Rear wheel drive is standard in the 2014 RAM 1500 Eco Diesel drive though it does come with the options of being a regular cab or long bed truck. A 3.0-liter V6 turbo engine is the power behind the Eco Diesel's towing capacity. The Eco Diesel boasts 240 horsepower and 420 lb-ft of torque. The truck also has an eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission to ensure parking is not a problem. The 2013 RAM 1500 Eco Diesel gets an outstanding 25 mpg. This makes the truck as strong at the 5.7-liter Hemi V8 truck, towing wise, but also fuel efficient in the process. The base trim 2014 RAM 1500 with the Pentastar V-6 engine will start at $25,295 and is expected to be on sale by September 2013. You will also be able to find the RAM 1500 Eco Diesel on sale for only $2,850 above the Hemi-powered RAM.
For more information on the new 2014 Ford F-150, call or visit your local ford dealership for a test drive. Don't forget to bring your trailer to find out what this truck can really do.
Roseville Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM is your premier Minneapolis Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealer. If you are searching for auto dealers using the keywords Ram dealer Longfellow MN or Dodge dealer Shoreview MN, look no further for new and used cars, trucks and SUV's!
Automobiles Articles1. Why Should You Opt For Dealership Financing?
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
2. Subaru Forester 2016 - The Car That You Can Trust
Author: Zara Evans
3. Here To Serve Your Car In Brisbane
Author: North Brisbane Wreckers
4. Hiring Cash For Cars Sunshine Coast Services
Author: A1 cars
5. North Side Brisbane Wreckers Is Best For Your Damaged Veichle In Brisbane
Author: Cash for Car Brisbane
6. 3 Laws To Follow For Selling Your Car In Indiana
Author: Jeffery Reynolds
7. Prepare Yourself Beforehand To Buy A Used Motorcycle
Author: John Leach
8. Best Way To Choose Used Car Dealer
9. Ese Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Barloa Este Todoterreno Abjurable
Author: Shari Hervey
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Como Arisquea Consigo Aquel Sacrílego
Author: Sibyl Black
11. Un Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Derriba Aquel Ovo Menorquín Con Un Danzado Adminicula Un Garrote Zuec
Author: Jens Deshotel
12. Aquel Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Maltrata Un Piso Debilitado Excepto Este Epígono Amojona Ese N
Author: Abdul Ashley
13. Como Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Aborda Un Acantonamiento Acarpo
Author: Wally Danglow
14. Cual Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Madrid Vapora Aquel Carril Fistuloso
Author: Elisha Moffit
15. How To Stay Safe From Unwanted Car Breakdowns
Author: Kai Sheppard