ALL >> Business >> View Article
Understanding Various Steps Of Risk Management Techniques And Strategies
Total Articles: 19
Introduction to Risk Management-
Risk management is not as difficult as it appears in the first place; true, it does vary with the size and operations of your business. However, by using different methods, you can deal with it. Risk management must be involved in every possible procedure. Gathering knowledge on laws of risk analysis will be a bit time consuming. A great way to keep track of what to do and how to do it correctly is to use risk management software.
Now I know what you are thinking 'well that's all very well and good but what about cost and time to install etc' and you are thinking right. In order to save your business and grow substantially, you have to manage associated risk by understanding these techniques mentioned below. Here are the three steps to understanding right risk management techniques and strategies.
Among the most basic of risk management methods is identification of risks at different levels of the project. Managers can identify risks by viewing past trends, talking to people at different levels/phases of projects, and by using brainstorming techniques when considering various aspects of the project. Brainstorming also helps in the treatment of risk during creation of the risk management plan.
The most common categories of risk are Finance, Human Resources, Machinery/Equipment, and Stakeholders. With a well-trained risk officer, identification of risks and their management as well as audits of the risk management plan become easier as project managers can focus on the other objectives of project instead of worrying about the risks.
Once the risks are identified, it is better to document them: Create a check list for better risk management. It is also important to assess the impact of risks. Risk management techniques and strategies help in assessing the severity of risks and methods to tackle them. This means that risk analysis also helps in outlining most parts of risk treatment plans.
2. Evaluation and Treatment
After risk analysis, the next step is to create a risk management plan. This plan contains the risks and details of how to deal with them. The methods to deal with different risks are based on the evaluation of the risks. This step is also called risk assessment. The assessment of risk is done using a numerical scale and measuring the impact of different risks. This results in a chart where each risk carries a numerical strength against the constant number. Based on the numerical strength of a risk, managers decide how to treat the risk. Some risks are unexpected and need to be managed based on the immediate assessment of the risk. For identified risks, there are four methods of treatment:
• Avoidance - Avoid the risk partially or in whole
• Reduction - Employing methods to reduce the negative impacts of risks
• Sharing - Sharing/outsourcing the risk component to a third party that is better equipped to handle such risks
• Retention - Acceptance of the risk, normally in cases where the gains from the risk component are far higher than the negative impacts of the risk
Creating and implementing the risk management plan is not sufficient. As with any system, it is necessary to keep on auditing the risk management techniques and strategies in order to see that the goals of the system are not altered or compromised. Auditing of a risk management plan is indeed needed. The goals of a risk management plan are to see that risk treatment is effective and is not adversely affecting the goal of an overall project.
This is a long-drawn method and takes time and money. There are companies available that will do the entire work for you. Cost is a factor indeed; however, by hiring a risk management partner you can shift this effort from you to the company and it saves you a lot of time. The company you decide to go with should be a well established group; if you don't want to get this wrong, do a research before you decide to go with one organization and its solutions.
This article throws some light on three Risk Management Techniques and Strategies. All that you need to do is choose the right technique and strategy depending on the size and type of your business. Taking professional help is indeed essential.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla