ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Maintenance Of Exposed Driveways Melbourne: Some Useful TipsBy Expert Author: alex article
The driveways Melbourne have huge impact on the aesthetic beauty of any structure whether residential or commercial. Exposed aggregate concrete is a durable and affordable choice. It comes in various colours, designs and patterns. You can match it up according to the outer walls of the structure. Like everything, this surface also requires maintenance from time to time to keep its high-end look. By making small repairs, you can avoid turning them into big ones. Water and dust has the maximum capacity to ruin your exposed concrete Melbourne. By keeping a regular eye, you can easily spot cracks and crevices, take care of them before they make huge damage. For people who wish to keep their surface maintained, read the tips below.
For basic maintenance of exposed aggregate concrete, you will need three things:
1. Repair kit for concrete
2. Power washer
As soon as you install it, make sure to seal it right away. This exercise will prevent your driveways Melbourne from cracking during freezing winter season or in thaw cycles. There are two types of sealers, spray and rollers. You can make use of either. They need to be reapplied after every five years or as directed. This little exercise can add years to the concrete.
Cleaning on regular basis is a must for concrete driveways. Sweeping and washing will prevent dirt and debris jamming on it. You can even make use of power washer and cleaning mixture to clean it from dirt and oil stains. It is better to remove the stains before they start pouring in.
Grass, ants and weeds are true enemy of the exposed concrete Melbourne. Remember to pull them as soon as you see them. They start growing in the cracks and spread very quickly. This can lead to further expansion of cracks and fewer years to your concrete. Once you see the cracks, patch them instantly. You can find concrete repair kit at hardware stores for your exposed aggregate concrete. By doing small repairs at the hairline cracks will prevent water from seeping in and therefore preventing major damage in the long run.
Inspect for any expansion joints and if you found any, repair them instantly. Space between the two large slabs of exposed concrete is called expansion joint. Seal it on top to prevent major damage. If the damage is big, then you should clean it out and fill it with sealer to keep them connected.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald