ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Slate Roof Maintenance: Advice Roofers In Winston Salem Usually Give Homeowners
Total Articles: 2
A slate roof is made from the material of the same name, which is essentially a metamorphic rock that has been hardened due to a very long period of exposure to extreme pressure beneath the earth's surface, making it an excellent and strong choice to protect your home against external elements. Slate, however, whilst durable and long-lasting, is in need of regular maintenance and repairs by your trusted roofers in Winston Salem or Lewisville, North Carolina.
While slate roofs significantly vary in appearance and strength depending on the quarry, wherein materials forged in different natural conditions with different minute components will have varying properties, they can be classified into two general categories: hard and soft. To distinguish between the two, know that black slates are almost always soft, while colored ones are usually hard.
You have to know the original color of your slate roof, as there are some soft slates that could fade due to sunlight, so you might mistake them as hard or colored slates. There are also a number of professional “slaters” whom you can hire to find out for sure. This information is essential in determining if you should have your slate roof problem fixed or if you should have your roof completely replaced.
Some experts claim that hard slates could keep working for your home anywhere from 75 to 200 years, while soft slates have an average lifespan of about 50 to 125 years. Should you find problems like granules falling off or cracks in hard slate, you should have it repaired as soon as you can, since its longevity makes it more practical, whereas soft slate roofs in a similar damaged condition might be in need of complete replacement.
Leaks in particular are turning into a difficult problem to deal with because homeowners tend to wait until several slates are damaged before calling for roof repair services. The truth is, you should call dependable roofers in Lewisville or Winston Salem for maintenance even if there are just a few broken slate tiles that could put your home at risk for water damage.
Entrust your slate roof to a professional for repairs or installation, but you should also see to it that you know how to keep your roofing clean. For information on cleaning slate roofs, check out ehow.com/how_6665825_clean-slate-roofs.html.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi