ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Slate Roof Maintenance: Advice Roofers In Winston Salem Usually Give Homeowners
Total Articles: 2
A slate roof is made from the material of the same name, which is essentially a metamorphic rock that has been hardened due to a very long period of exposure to extreme pressure beneath the earth's surface, making it an excellent and strong choice to protect your home against external elements. Slate, however, whilst durable and long-lasting, is in need of regular maintenance and repairs by your trusted roofers in Winston Salem or Lewisville, North Carolina.
While slate roofs significantly vary in appearance and strength depending on the quarry, wherein materials forged in different natural conditions with different minute components will have varying properties, they can be classified into two general categories: hard and soft. To distinguish between the two, know that black slates are almost always soft, while colored ones are usually hard.
You have to know the original color of your slate roof, as there are some soft slates that could fade due to sunlight, so you might mistake them as hard or colored slates. There are also a number of professional “slaters” whom you can hire to find out for sure. This information is essential in determining if you should have your slate roof problem fixed or if you should have your roof completely replaced.
Some experts claim that hard slates could keep working for your home anywhere from 75 to 200 years, while soft slates have an average lifespan of about 50 to 125 years. Should you find problems like granules falling off or cracks in hard slate, you should have it repaired as soon as you can, since its longevity makes it more practical, whereas soft slate roofs in a similar damaged condition might be in need of complete replacement.
Leaks in particular are turning into a difficult problem to deal with because homeowners tend to wait until several slates are damaged before calling for roof repair services. The truth is, you should call dependable roofers in Lewisville or Winston Salem for maintenance even if there are just a few broken slate tiles that could put your home at risk for water damage.
Entrust your slate roof to a professional for repairs or installation, but you should also see to it that you know how to keep your roofing clean. For information on cleaning slate roofs, check out ehow.com/how_6665825_clean-slate-roofs.html.
Home and Garden Articles1. Choosing The Best Siding Color For Your Home
Author: Mary Morris
2. 10 Signs You Should Invest In House Awnings!
3. Best Ways Your Emergency Plumbers In Dallas Can Solve Your Plumbing Problems
Author: John DiFrancesco
4. How Does One Compare Washing Machines And Buy The Best One?
Author: Divya Sharma
5. Indications That Help To Sort Out Electrical Fault In Your Home
Author: Michael Soutter
6. Fcml India-delivering Counter Top Basins
Author: FCML India
7. Why Spray On Foam Insulation Best Safeguarding Option For Your Home?
Author: Zac Fogg
8. Staircase Ideas For Your Home
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
9. Key Things To Remember While Choosing General Contractor
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
10. Advantages Associated With Total Garage Concepts
Author: Gabriel Fulton
11. Install Retractable Roof Systems And Relish At The Outdoors!
Author: Steve Nakousis
12. What Is A Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Aastha Kapoor
13. Areas In Which House Movers Adelaide Differ
Author: Bella Hodge
14. 6 Ways To Increase Profitability Of Your Appliance Repair Services
Author: John Nassar
15. The Chief Aspects Considered For Successful Township Planning
Author: Adam Leworthy