ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Understanding Ford's Ecoboost Engine
Total Articles: 533
Ford has created an engine with new technology to help increase fuel economy and the output performance of their vehicles. The Ford EcoBoost was introduced in Ford dealer's showrooms in 2008, as the first generation of green vehicles, and the engine has been improving ever since. Ford car and truck engines were given the new technology to improve performance and efficiency. Combining the turbo charging and direct injection technology with a gas engine improves the user's performance while driving. The EcoBoost gives the user 20 percent better fuel economy, and lowers the CO2 emissions by about 15 percent.
The turbo charging and direct fuel injections allow smaller engines to deliver better torque and performance. Each cylinder of the engine gets a precise amount of fuel injected into it, which produces a cooler and thicker charge. This cooler and denser charge is what produces the higher fuel economy and better performance for the user. This means that 4-cylinder engines paired with EcoBoost technology are now able to produce more torque and higher performance than the larger 6-cylinder engine. The 4-cylinder engine with EcoBoost has 20 percent more fuel efficiency and almost a full liter larger in displacement.
In the near future, EcoBoost technology will benefit many people. It is Ford's philosophy that having the right mix of fuel in the engine can be more beneficial than diesels, hybrids and plug-in electrical vehicles. And the EcoBoost technology can be scaled to a large production volume so more people can benefit from the fuel savings, at a low affordable price. The turbo charging recycles the energy from the exhaust and drives the turbine to create power and save gas.
In addition to cars, and SUV's, large trucks that once were required to have a V8 engine for heavy work or towing can also be powered with the smaller EcoBoost engine, making a once uneconomical vehicle choice, a realistic option for many people. Putting the EcoBoost engine on large trucks will help save a greater amount of fuel and provide sufficient power.
With the increasing amount of EcoBoost engines on Ford vehicles, there is expected to be a 15 percent reduction in the emission of carbon dioxide into the environment. Over 500,000 Ford vehicles are expected to have EcoBoost engines by the end of 2013. Fords ultimate goal is to make the EcoBoost engine an option in more than 90 percent of all new Ford models.
South Bay Ford is one of the largest Commercial Truck Dealers in the country. We can customize any step van - 14 foot step van, Morgan Olson 18 foot step van or South Bay Ford Step Vans to meet your needs and deliver too! Call today to speak to a truck expert!
Automobiles Articles1. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
2. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
3. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
4. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
6. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
7. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
8. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
9. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
10. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
11. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
12. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point
14. Driving Experience With Rentarace
15. Useful Traveling Tips For Those Who Wish To Visit Auto Carwash In Sutton Area
Author: Rhys Gibson