ALL >> Career >> View Article
Straight Out Of College And Job Hunting - 5 Tips
Total Articles: 10
College days are often the most unforgettable days of life. It is said that college prepares you for the outside world. Graduation is a big achievement. It does in fact feel like a feat. However, in those three to four years of independence everyone learns that the world spins around them. The dreams soon come to an end as reality opens new doors. To find a job is next on the priority. The search is a mixed bag. At a time when a perfect-fit candidate is all that every employer requires, job hunting can be a downright depressing task. CareerBuilder India bring 5 tips for the freshers to begin job search will zeal.
1. Be Open: Now this in no way indicates that you should take up a job simply because it is being offered. Don’t be overly pessimistic about the economy. It is also important not to undersell yourself. Nonetheless, be open to new avenues of jobs. If you have been an HR student and you are being offered a job in career counselling, you are really not diverging much from your area of specialization. In fact counselling is one field that will help you apply most of the behavioral skills and theories.
2. Seek the Right Companies: You don’t have to be with the top-notch IT companies as soon as you obtain your computer science diploma or an IT degree. Being with a respectable employer who gives you enough scope to learn and grow. Strategize your search towards becoming proficient in your skills. It is important to build a robust skill base in the initial years of your job; and then to leverage upon them.
3. Don’t Sell Too Hard: Ok, this simply means that you should not be too pushy when it comes to seeking a job or selling yourself to it. Stay away from bragging no matter how much you want that sales job to be yours. Play it cool! There is simply no hurry. You will eventually be contacted by employers if you have the knowledge and skill, and have marketed yourself well.
4. Keep Learning: Now that you are out of college you have a lot of free time. Be wise enough to utilize it. If you are not looking forward to take up a full-time job shortly, look for learning avenues. Enhance your skills and learn a few new ones. Stay updated and keep abreast with market trends. Allot a considerable chunk of our time to networking as well. Connect with those who matter.
5. Create a Resume: Now that you know that job search is absolutely essential, how do you go about marketing yourself? A resume is your companion in your job search. Build it like it is your weapon against unemployment. Sharpen and polish it to be your ultimate job hunting device.
What! You haven’t decided on a career yet? Chances are most college grads haven’t. It is high time that you at least start exploring your interests. In the meanwhile you can opt for unpaid internship, voluntary work associations and workshops to keep you busy.
This article hopes to provide you with a valuable resource of information about jobs in Delhi. For more information on jobs in Delhi for freshers please logon to Careerbuilder.Co.In, India’s leading online career and recruitment resource.
Career Articles1. Going For Walk-ins? Think Twice!
Author: Jay Torres
2. Free Job Posting Site For Employers In Usa
Author: G Pradeep Kumar
3. Athena Net Coaching- Providing An Ideal Destination For The Students In Lucknow
4. Quality Assurance (qa) Training Courses In Ahmedabad- Unicode Technologies.
5. How To Establish A Successful Mobile Application Testing Career?
Author: Jack Ramon
6. Athena Ias- Helping You To Achieve Your Dream Of Becoming An Ias Officer.
7. Cathay Dupont Warning! Avoid Scam That Acts As Job Opportunity Award
Author: Andrei Park
8. Warning From Cathay Dupont: Travel Awards Not A Ticket To Work In Japan
Author: Alea Kim
9. Secrets Of Above 30,000 Feet Air Hostess Career
Author: WHITE PANTHER
10. Challenges Faced By Job Seekers
Author: Jay Torres
11. Jkpsc Recruitment 2017–2018 Latest Mo/lecturer Online Jobs Notification
Author: Recruitment Result
12. Involve Gamification In Recruiting And Engagement
13. Photojournalism- The Social Responsibility
14. Fashion Photography And Glamour Of Industry
15. Exploring Your Photography Passion - Journey From An Amateur To A Pro!