ALL >> Health >> View Article
Choosing An Acne Treatment Product That Really WorksBy Expert Author: Harry Kett
With so many brands making compelling promises to cure your skin of acne permanently, choosing the best for your skin can get quite tricky. What suits one person may actually aggravate the condition on another person’s skin. Here is a quick lesson on how you should choose an acne treatment product that will work best on your skin.
Body Basics: Different Types of Skins
To understand a product, you must first understand the types of skin:
• Dry all over- This type of skin exhibits dryness on the entire facial area.
• Dry Cheeks + Oil in T-Zone- In this type of skin only the nose, the chin and the centre of the forehead is oily and the rest of the skin is dry.
• Normal/Oily- In this skin type, only the T-zone, i.e. the forehead the nose and the chin is oily and the rest of the skin is normal.
• Oily all over- This skin type is oily on the entire facial area.
Choosing the Product
Our skin type is usually a combination of conditions. It is very seldom entirely dry or oily. The acne treatment that is allotted to you is usually chosen based on this skin type combination. Therefore, you must avoid self treatment and make sure you consult a dermatologist to get the most suitable acne treatment product for your skin. Those with sensitive skin must be particularly careful while making a skin care choice.
Whenever you opt for a product, make sure that it is also hydrating or moisturizing. Acne products that make the skin dry may aggravate the irritation and lead to complicated skin conditions. Any product that claims to be the best but has no moisture content should be avoided under all circumstances.
The Best Acne Treatment Product
If you have tried out common acne skin care products, you would have noticed a common ingredient called Benzoyl Peroxide. This is the most commonly used product for acne treatment and is also believed to be the most effective.
The way benzoyl peroxide works is very simple. The bacteria that causes acne is called Propionibacteria acnes. These bacteria cannot survive in an oxygen rich environment. Benzoyl peroxide introduces oxygen into the pores and kills these bacteria. This reduces the population o bacteria and also the number of acne that may breakout in the future.
Benzoyl peroxide also removes dead cells from the skin reducing pore blockage. With this action, the acne is stopped even before it actually breaks out.
It is recommended that you continue this treatment even after the acne is controlled to ensure permanent solution. Use products that come with 10% benzyl peroxide for mild action on your skin. Another thing that you must ensure is that the products containing this ingredient must also include moisturizers. Benzoyl peroxide when used alone makes skin extremely dry. Therefore, you must either follow it up with a moisturizer or use a product that already has moisturizers.
Just apply a layer of benzoyl peroxide lotion on cleansed skin on a regular basis. In less than 4 weeks, you will see the results that you always dreamed of.
There are many other products like salicylic acid that are recommended based on your skin type. To understand what acne treatment product will work for you and also know the available options,
For more information onAcnetreatment and Acne Treatment Product. Visit Today - http://www.acnetreatment.org/
Health Articles1. Abortion Clinics Contingencies That You Need To Know!
Author: Kumar Swaminathan
2. The Berkeley Acupuncture Clinic – All You Need To Know About Acupuncture
Author: Bina Jangda
3. Braces In Calhoun
Author: James mercer
4. Remote-controlled Sensual Toys For Long Distance Love
Author: John Dugan
5. Newly Approved Study Tells Stem Cell Research & Therapy Works For Autism
Author: Nupur Jha
6. Weight Loss Pills - An Easy And Proven Way To Lose Weight
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. How Restorative Dentistry Has Transformed People’s Lives?
Author: Ean Landen
8. How Are You Trying To Find The Best Cosmetic Dentist In Scottsdale, Az?
Author: Ellen Clarke
9. Can Aspirin Help In The Fight Against Pancreatic Cancer?
10. Herbal Supplements To Improve Testosterone And Male Stamina Safely
Author: Michael Jayden
11. Get To Know About Seven Unexpected Health Benefits Of Aromatherapy
Author: Manisha Nigam
12. These Sensual Mistakes Compromise Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
13. 4 Teeth Whitening Tips For A Whiter Smile
Author: Vikas Gowd
14. Ayurvedic Weight Loss Treatment To Burn Excess Body Fat Effectively
Author: Mitul Ranawat
15. Ayurvedic Treatment To Gain Weight And Increase Muscle Mass Safely
Author: Mitul Ranawat