ALL >> Health >> View Article
Choosing An Acne Treatment Product That Really Works
Total Articles: 137
With so many brands making compelling promises to cure your skin of acne permanently, choosing the best for your skin can get quite tricky. What suits one person may actually aggravate the condition on another person’s skin. Here is a quick lesson on how you should choose an acne treatment product that will work best on your skin.
Body Basics: Different Types of Skins
To understand a product, you must first understand the types of skin:
• Dry all over- This type of skin exhibits dryness on the entire facial area.
• Dry Cheeks + Oil in T-Zone- In this type of skin only the nose, the chin and the centre of the forehead is oily and the rest of the skin is dry.
• Normal/Oily- In this skin type, only the T-zone, i.e. the forehead the nose and the chin is oily and the rest of the skin is normal.
• Oily all over- This skin type is oily on the entire facial area.
Choosing the Product
Our skin type is usually a combination of conditions. It is very seldom entirely dry or oily. The acne treatment that is allotted to you is usually chosen based on this skin type combination. Therefore, you must avoid self treatment and make sure you consult a dermatologist to get the most suitable acne treatment product for your skin. Those with sensitive skin must be particularly careful while making a skin care choice.
Whenever you opt for a product, make sure that it is also hydrating or moisturizing. Acne products that make the skin dry may aggravate the irritation and lead to complicated skin conditions. Any product that claims to be the best but has no moisture content should be avoided under all circumstances.
The Best Acne Treatment Product
If you have tried out common acne skin care products, you would have noticed a common ingredient called Benzoyl Peroxide. This is the most commonly used product for acne treatment and is also believed to be the most effective.
The way benzoyl peroxide works is very simple. The bacteria that causes acne is called Propionibacteria acnes. These bacteria cannot survive in an oxygen rich environment. Benzoyl peroxide introduces oxygen into the pores and kills these bacteria. This reduces the population o bacteria and also the number of acne that may breakout in the future.
Benzoyl peroxide also removes dead cells from the skin reducing pore blockage. With this action, the acne is stopped even before it actually breaks out.
It is recommended that you continue this treatment even after the acne is controlled to ensure permanent solution. Use products that come with 10% benzyl peroxide for mild action on your skin. Another thing that you must ensure is that the products containing this ingredient must also include moisturizers. Benzoyl peroxide when used alone makes skin extremely dry. Therefore, you must either follow it up with a moisturizer or use a product that already has moisturizers.
Just apply a layer of benzoyl peroxide lotion on cleansed skin on a regular basis. In less than 4 weeks, you will see the results that you always dreamed of.
There are many other products like salicylic acid that are recommended based on your skin type. To understand what acne treatment product will work for you and also know the available options,
For more information onAcnetreatment and Acne Treatment Product. Visit Today - http://www.acnetreatment.org/
Health Articles1. His Red Male Organ: Balanitis For Her
Author: John Dugan
2. Replacing A Meal With Vega Sports Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Can Increase Your Protein Cons
3. Signs Your Hair Needs A Protein Treatment
4. Choose A Pediatric Dental Care Treatment Services In Lancaster
Author: Greg Walters is the author of this article
5. Dental Implants Mexico | Dental Implants Cancun
Author: Michel starc
6. Indian Physician Columbus
7. Global Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
8. Clean Air Equipments Manufacturer And Supplier
Author: Airtech Equipment Pte Ltd
9. Concentrate More By Doing Yoga
Author: Owen Jones
10. Ritalin Can Be Usage For Exams Preparation
11. An Extensive Guide To Get The Best From Physiotherapy
12. Self-pleasuring Too Much: Is It Even Possible?
Author: John Dugan
13. Discover Top Four Advantages Of Using Stem Cell Therapy For Autism Treatment
Author: Autism Connect
14. Simple Tips To Get The Most Handsome Male Organ Around
Author: John Dugan
15. What Is Assisted Living Facilities?
Author: Assisted Living Facility