ALL >> Business >> View Article
The Dangerous Myths About The Sun You Need To Know
Total Articles: 8
We think we know what it takes to stay safe in the sun. It seems pretty easy on the surface – when we go outside, sunscreen is applied perhaps we do not go out during the hottest part of the day or limit our exposure during that time. We are particularly aware of areas that make the sun more dangerous, such as being in a pool or on a lake. But in some instances, what we think we know can actually be hurting us. The following are a few myths that deserve to be exposed:
Myth 1: I do not need any sunscreen, I already have a tan. The truth is, all a tan provides is color – and the false security of thinking you are protected from the sun. The sun can continue to do further damage to your skin. In fact, having a tan (or freckling) can simply make discovering skin abnormalities a bit more difficult to find.
Myth 2: It is cloudy outside, so I do not need sunscreen. A whopping 80% of the sun’s harmful UV rays can still penetrate cloud cover. Cloudy days may seem safe, but if you work outside without sun protection, you’re taking a huge risk.
Myth 3: I put sunscreen on this morning; I will be fine for the rest of the day. Not applying sunscreen often enough is a frequent cause of sunburn and other sun damage. Once is simply not enough, depending on length of time in the sun. Apply sunscreen more often to avoid harmful overexposure. A general rule of thumb is 2 hours after first application. If you have been sweating, be sure to reapply; consider that situation the same as having been in the water and having your sunscreen wash off gradually.
Myth 4: I just put my sunscreen on; I can go directly outside. Not applying it 15 – 30 minutes before being outdoors is another cause of sunburn. Fortunately, if you use Industrial Strength Sunscreen formulated with zinc oxide, you do not have to worry about this step. Zinc Oxide allows you to go directly outside and begin your work without the need to wait for regular sunscreen to saturate your skin.
Myth 5: Outdoor workers can use regular sunscreens off the shelf. If you are going to the beach, that might be fine. But outdoor workers have a special set of needs to consider when choosing a sunscreen. They tend to be exposed to the sun for longer periods of time and often during the hottest part of the day. They are exposed to the sun’s rays whether it’s sunny or cloudy. Off the shelf sunscreens just cannot be as effective for the needs of the average worker. Industrial Strength Sunscreen provides better and faster protection.
Article Source: IndustrialSunscreen.com
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla