ALL » Fitness >> View Article
Clenching Of Teeth At Night: Reasons And TreatmentBy Expert Author: Alex Bowmann
In many cases an individual may not be aware of his/her problem and family member may let them know about it. Apart from stress there could be other reasons such as sleep apnea where a person is unable to breathe for a few seconds during sleep or chronic pain in some part of the body may result in bruxism. The first step towards treatment is identification of the problem.
Someone who constantly experiences headache in the morning or sore jaw may need to check about this problem. There could be other signs such as a worn or broken teeth, sensitivity, inflammation, wounds inside the cheeks etc. It is always recommended to check with a dentist if a person observes any of these symptoms. Clenching of teeth or teeth grinding may in future result into fracture or damage of teeth or even cause hearing loss. A dentist may suggest various measures to take care of the problem. Dentists may suggest splints or mouth guards to fit over the teeth to protect them from grinding or clenching. Splints are custom made of hard acrylic that fit the upper or lower jaw. Mouth guards can be either custom made or bough over the counter. These are soft when compared to splints and may dislodge at times. People may also face the problem of bruxism due to misaligned teeth. In such situations reconstructive dental treatment could be of help. Medication is usually not suggested by dentists for the treatment of clenching of teeth or teeth grinding. However, rarely muscle relaxants or Botox injections may be suggested depending on the severity of the condition.
Along with medical assistance one may also find some home remedies or simple but easy to follow tips that can help an individual overcome his/her habit of grinding teeth at night. If stress is the reason for bruxism, managing it becomes the most important part of treatment. A balanced diet, company of good friends and taking time to relax may help an individual overcome stress to a certain extent. Certain lifestyle changes such as avoiding caffeine or alcohol, going to bed at the same time everyday etc. may also help. People may consciously make an effort during the day to stay away from clenching their teeth under stressful situations. Choosing different options to relax before going to bed such as listening to soothing music or reading may also help an individual take control of clenching of teeth or teeth grinding during sleep.
Fitness Articles1. Tumescent Male Organ In The Am: What Morning Wood Tells A Man
Author: John Dugan
2. Join Yoga Classes Dubai To Experience Fitness Within No Time
3. Why Ignoring Gym Management Software Will Cost You Time And Sales
Author: siddharth Sexena
4. Ese Alquiler Coches Alicante Turibula Un Brécol Aséptico
Author: Efren Royer
5. Barreremix Is A Beautiful Form Of Isometric Training
Author: Barre Studio
6. Yogic Breathing May Help Fight Major Depression
Author: Indian-origin scientist
7. Facts On Himalayan Salt Crystal Lamps
Author: Natasha Mitchell
8. All You Wanted To Know About The Health Benefits Of Acai Berry Powder
9. Common Mistakes Committed By Beginner Stand Up Paddlers
Author: Gina Bradley
10. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Herrezuelo Encobija Aquella Cuentadante
Author: Skye Hand
11. Benefits Of Supreme Garcinia Cambogia
12. Mastering Yoga Nidra Techniques Via Teacher Training Course In Goa
Author: Jay Kumar
13. The Health Programs Are Having Doors Open For All
14. How Kids Are Benefitted From The Various Health Care Programs?
15. Physiotherapy Professionals In Vaughan