ALL >> Fitness >> View Article
Clenching Of Teeth At Night: Reasons And Treatment
Total Articles: 79
In many cases an individual may not be aware of his/her problem and family member may let them know about it. Apart from stress there could be other reasons such as sleep apnea where a person is unable to breathe for a few seconds during sleep or chronic pain in some part of the body may result in bruxism. The first step towards treatment is identification of the problem.
Someone who constantly experiences headache in the morning or sore jaw may need to check about this problem. There could be other signs such as a worn or broken teeth, sensitivity, inflammation, wounds inside the cheeks etc. It is always recommended to check with a dentist if a person observes any of these symptoms. Clenching of teeth or teeth grinding may in future result into fracture or damage of teeth or even cause hearing loss. A dentist may suggest various measures to take care of the problem. Dentists may suggest splints or mouth guards to fit over the teeth to protect them from grinding or clenching. Splints are custom made of hard acrylic that fit the upper or lower jaw. Mouth guards can be either custom made or bough over the counter. These are soft when compared to splints and may dislodge at times. People may also face the problem of bruxism due to misaligned teeth. In such situations reconstructive dental treatment could be of help. Medication is usually not suggested by dentists for the treatment of clenching of teeth or teeth grinding. However, rarely muscle relaxants or Botox injections may be suggested depending on the severity of the condition.
Along with medical assistance one may also find some home remedies or simple but easy to follow tips that can help an individual overcome his/her habit of grinding teeth at night. If stress is the reason for bruxism, managing it becomes the most important part of treatment. A balanced diet, company of good friends and taking time to relax may help an individual overcome stress to a certain extent. Certain lifestyle changes such as avoiding caffeine or alcohol, going to bed at the same time everyday etc. may also help. People may consciously make an effort during the day to stay away from clenching their teeth under stressful situations. Choosing different options to relax before going to bed such as listening to soothing music or reading may also help an individual take control of clenching of teeth or teeth grinding during sleep.
Fitness Articles1. What Is Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training Course In Rishikesh?
Author: Vinyasa Yogashala
2. Buy Suhagra 100 Mg Online | Buy Medicine Online-mymedistore
3. Buy Vidalista 60 Mg Online | Buy Medicine Online-mymedistore
4. Buy Hepcinat 400 Mg Online | Buy Medicine Online-mymedistore
5. Buy Kamagra Oral Jelly Online | Buy Medicine Online-mymedistore
6. Buy Cenforce 100mg Online | Buy Medicine Online-mymedistore
7. Supersets That Are Not Right For Your Legs
8. Diabetic? Try These Wonder Foods.
Author: Dr Swetha N
9. How Long Should I Run On The Elliptical To Loose Weight?
Author: ajit patel
10. Step-by-step Guide To Root Canal Treatment
11. 4 Things To Consider Before Getting Lypo
Author: Dominik Banzon
12. Wearable Gadgets That’ll Keep A Check When You Gain That Extra Calorie
13. How To Choose The Perfect Bicycle For Fat People?
14. Biking Essentials For Obese Women
15. How Getting Fat Hampers Your Self Confidence?