ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why Asbestos Removal Brisbane Should Be Done By Professionals
Total Articles: 1
Whenever you think of renovating the very first thing you should think of is what was the old house or building made of all those years ago? It is highly likely to have been fibro, a popular building material back in the old days before anyone knew just how dangerous it was to work with. In fact, it is just as dangerous to handle these days, especially when you are pulling it down.
Nowadays nearly everyone knows that those tiny fibers that appear to be nothing more than dust can lodge in your lungs and cause a fatal disease even many years later on. And in fact, you don’t even have to be near it to be at risk of inhaling the deadly fibers. You may just be the person who washes the clothes of those who have been working with it, as some people with asbestosis know to their cost.
These days fibro is made without asbestos and so it is quite safe to handle; years ago asbestos was added to the mix to make it stronger. Once the fibro was up and painted it was fine. Only while it was being cut and handled could those fibers be a problem. But when you have to pull it down, it is going to break and that will expose the deadly fibers once again.
All asbestos removals should be handled by professionals with the right knowledge and equipment to dispose of it safely. They will wear special protective suits and masks so that there is no danger of the dust and fibers being breathed in or adhering to their clothing. And they will place those old fibro pieces into a sealed bag ready for disposal in a safe manner.
There would be many old homes in Queensland that were made of the old fibro type, because it was actually ideal for a home in a hot climate. So if you are thinking of renovating take a second look at the walls and ceiling of that building and see what they are made of. When it comes to asbestos removal, Queensland professionals know just how to proceed for the best safety.
There is no point in taking unnecessary risks with asbestos removal. You might get away with it, but you might not; and you will not know until it is too late. In fact, it is always too late since there is no treatment available to make this disease better. It is far better to be safe than sorry.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi