ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Why Asbestos Removal Brisbane Should Be Done By Professionals
Total Articles: 1
Whenever you think of renovating the very first thing you should think of is what was the old house or building made of all those years ago? It is highly likely to have been fibro, a popular building material back in the old days before anyone knew just how dangerous it was to work with. In fact, it is just as dangerous to handle these days, especially when you are pulling it down.
Nowadays nearly everyone knows that those tiny fibers that appear to be nothing more than dust can lodge in your lungs and cause a fatal disease even many years later on. And in fact, you don’t even have to be near it to be at risk of inhaling the deadly fibers. You may just be the person who washes the clothes of those who have been working with it, as some people with asbestosis know to their cost.
These days fibro is made without asbestos and so it is quite safe to handle; years ago asbestos was added to the mix to make it stronger. Once the fibro was up and painted it was fine. Only while it was being cut and handled could those fibers be a problem. But when you have to pull it down, it is going to break and that will expose the deadly fibers once again.
All asbestos removals should be handled by professionals with the right knowledge and equipment to dispose of it safely. They will wear special protective suits and masks so that there is no danger of the dust and fibers being breathed in or adhering to their clothing. And they will place those old fibro pieces into a sealed bag ready for disposal in a safe manner.
There would be many old homes in Queensland that were made of the old fibro type, because it was actually ideal for a home in a hot climate. So if you are thinking of renovating take a second look at the walls and ceiling of that building and see what they are made of. When it comes to asbestos removal, Queensland professionals know just how to proceed for the best safety.
There is no point in taking unnecessary risks with asbestos removal. You might get away with it, but you might not; and you will not know until it is too late. In fact, it is always too late since there is no treatment available to make this disease better. It is far better to be safe than sorry.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden