ALL >> Health >> View Article
Caring For Your Invisalign Aligners
Total Articles: 9
After undergoing invisalign, your dentist in Austin TX will give you specific instructions about caring for your aligners. They are delicate enough that you have to take extra good care of them. Otherwise you will have to spend for another set. For some more helpful tips, check the items below:
1. Wear your aligners for at least 22 hours each day. Remove it when you are eating in public places (except when you are only drinking water), as well as whenever you are brushing and flossing your teeth. Use your hands and not any other objects (particularly those that are sharp) to take them out. When eating at home, try to wear your aligners. Do not consume foods that have sugar with your aligners on. You are at risk of having tooth decay. Never chew gums either or you will damage them.
2. Before you insert your aligners, clean them using soft toothbrush and a toothpaste (small amount only). Wash it carefully with water. Never think of cleaning them with denture cleaners or rinsing them with mouthwash. Your aligners may become more visible as their surfaces are damaged by the products that you use to clean them.
3. Remember to wash your hands using soap and water each time you will hold the aligners. This will avoid the transfer of bacteria from your hand to the aligners.
4. Generally, you will be given two cases for your aligners. You may place the one that you are currently using in the first case and store the rest of the aligners in the second. When it is already time for you to use a new aligner, keep it in the first case and keep the old one in a plastic bag.
5. See your dentist in Austin TX regularly. He will oversee the progress on the alignment of your teeth. He may also perform teeth cleaning to make sure that no plaque will accumulate in your teeth. He may likewise teach you how to brush your teeth properly and which food to avoid so you can prevent this. More important, he will check on the quality of your aligners to ensure that you are taking care of them properly.
6. Do not store or place them in an area that is warmer than the temperature inside your mouth. They may not fit properly or worse, you may damage them permanently. Likewise, do not sterilize them.
7. In case you feel like you are being pinched or that your teeth are being scratched every time you wear them, go back to your tooth doctor and they will do the necessary adjustments.
Another tip for you: If tomorrow is your schedule to wear the next aligner, you may consider placing them before bedtime. This will lessen the discomfort that you will feel by tomorrow since you have already worn them for a few hours. For any problem that may arise from improper care of your invisalign aligners, you may consult with your dentist in Chandler AZ.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe