ALL >> Health >> View Article
Caring For Your Invisalign Aligners
Total Articles: 9
After undergoing invisalign, your dentist in Austin TX will give you specific instructions about caring for your aligners. They are delicate enough that you have to take extra good care of them. Otherwise you will have to spend for another set. For some more helpful tips, check the items below:
1. Wear your aligners for at least 22 hours each day. Remove it when you are eating in public places (except when you are only drinking water), as well as whenever you are brushing and flossing your teeth. Use your hands and not any other objects (particularly those that are sharp) to take them out. When eating at home, try to wear your aligners. Do not consume foods that have sugar with your aligners on. You are at risk of having tooth decay. Never chew gums either or you will damage them.
2. Before you insert your aligners, clean them using soft toothbrush and a toothpaste (small amount only). Wash it carefully with water. Never think of cleaning them with denture cleaners or rinsing them with mouthwash. Your aligners may become more visible as their surfaces are damaged by the products that you use to clean them.
3. Remember to wash your hands using soap and water each time you will hold the aligners. This will avoid the transfer of bacteria from your hand to the aligners.
4. Generally, you will be given two cases for your aligners. You may place the one that you are currently using in the first case and store the rest of the aligners in the second. When it is already time for you to use a new aligner, keep it in the first case and keep the old one in a plastic bag.
5. See your dentist in Austin TX regularly. He will oversee the progress on the alignment of your teeth. He may also perform teeth cleaning to make sure that no plaque will accumulate in your teeth. He may likewise teach you how to brush your teeth properly and which food to avoid so you can prevent this. More important, he will check on the quality of your aligners to ensure that you are taking care of them properly.
6. Do not store or place them in an area that is warmer than the temperature inside your mouth. They may not fit properly or worse, you may damage them permanently. Likewise, do not sterilize them.
7. In case you feel like you are being pinched or that your teeth are being scratched every time you wear them, go back to your tooth doctor and they will do the necessary adjustments.
Another tip for you: If tomorrow is your schedule to wear the next aligner, you may consider placing them before bedtime. This will lessen the discomfort that you will feel by tomorrow since you have already worn them for a few hours. For any problem that may arise from improper care of your invisalign aligners, you may consult with your dentist in Chandler AZ.
Health Articles1. Must Ask Questions When Meeting A Dentist
Author: Donnell Nash
2. Natural Skincare And Beauty Supplements For Healthy And Glowing Skin
Author: NAVEEN KHANDELWAL
3. What To Look For A Dentist?
Author: Donnell Nash
4. Can Bpas Damage A Healthy Member?
Author: John Dugan
5. Sticking To Healthy Habits With The Help Of Yoga
Author: Gary Martin
6. Raise Your Efforts With Weight Gainer Supplements
Author: Anabolic Nutrition
7. Signs To Look Out For If You Have A Prolapsed Uterus
Author: Kalptaru Herbal Therapy Centre
8. A Glass Of Milk A Day Keeps Doctor Away
Author: Namit Malgaonkar
9. The Hearing Aids Siemens Are Available In Best Quality And Price To Restore Your Hearing Ability
10. Superfood Supplements- For All Your Nutrition Needs
Author: Shashi Kant Shukla
11. Dental Hygiene Information You Won't Locate In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
12. Getting Knee Pain Treatment At Parijatak
Author: Dr. Nitesh Khonde
13. Is Invisalign The Right Treatment For Adults?
Author: James Franklin
14. 1st Global Community Of Indian Clinicians - Docstop
Author: Vijay Lokhande
15. Hypothyroidism Rampant In India - Freedom Age
Author: Dr Kalpana Gupta Sekhawat