ALL >> Art >> View Article
Popular And Various Uses Of Ribbons
Total Articles: 1
People who are fond of crafts are invariably attracted towards ribbons. There are a variety of ribbons in different materials like satin, jacquard and grosgrain ribbon and the uses are varied. Those who are fond of it collect its various kinds and put them to good use. The main function of this item is decorative but some of the other purposes for which they are used are given below.
This is the new fad these days. People are becoming more and more conscious of various kinds of diseases and causes and this has resulted in ribbons being used to denote a particular disease and people wear it to show their solidarity against the disease and determination to fight against it and help and support others as well. Various colors are associated with different causes like AIDS, breast cancer or diabetes. This concept is said to have started in as early as the 1900s when a song was released called “Yellow Ribbon”. Yellow ribbons are often worn by women to symbolically represent their ongoing tribulations and trials. In some countries, wives actually tie these around trees if their husband is in some kind of danger, in the hope that they will return safely.
Hair bow making is one of the most widespread uses of ribbons and the fashion scene has seen its persistent explosion during early 2010. Most toddlers, infants or young girls are seen flaunting hair bows and it is becoming quite fashionable. The taste of the wearer decides the type of trimming used for the hair bow like silk, patterned or grosgrain ribbon. The hair bows are quite versatile by themselves as well. You can clip them to your shirt, hat or hair and enjoy the new look.
High fashion also makes use of this trimming. The runway or couture designing houses make high use of this item as one of the components to create fashionable looks. Petticoat is one such usage. Petticoats are actually skirts in chiffon style. They often feature many layers and bold colors. Often, a bow is featured on the front of the skirt in a ribbon that is color-coordinating. The hem has a lining made out of the trimming and these are hot favorites these days in infant and baby fashion.
One of the most important events for its usage is in a wedding. There is no aspect of a wedding where these embellishments cannot be used. They can be added almost anywhere and their additions help in making the event look a lot more personal and romantic, not to mention beautiful. Weddings have become more expensive and costs are slowly ascending. But ribbons are still available at a cheap price. They can be used at the back of the chair of guests, to decorate table settings, cake stands or cake tables and make the entire ceremony look elegant and lovely. Wedding favor bags are also decorated with the help of colorful ribbons to add a personal touch. Bridesmaids’ dresses and flower bouquets carried by the wedding party can be embellished with a silk or grosgrain ribbon as well.
Art Articles1. Popular Contemporary Artists
2. Stall Design For Exhibition
Author: dheeraj prakash
3. How To Choose The Best Designer For Your Interior Decoration?
4. Wenn Eine Kurze Braut Ein Langes Kleid Für Ihre Hochzeit Trägt
5. Signed Canvas Prints- It Is Crucial What You Are Trying To Display About Yourself
Author: Elizabeth Epand
6. Wonderous Ways To Make Your Iphone Better And Secure
Author: Maitri Shah
7. Jason Johnson Ceo Of Marlin Consulting Solutions Won The Small Business Leader Of The Year 2018 For
Author: 1888 PressRelease
8. Unique Themes Selected By Candid Wedding Photographers
Author: vijay kulkarni
9. Shooting On Film: Analogue Photography In The 21st Century
10. Why You Must Opt For Candid Photographers At Your Wedding?
Author: Manoj Sahu
11. The Reasons Behind The Growth Of The Video Production Companies
12. More Video Production Companies Provide More Options
13. Consider These Points Before Going For Wedding Photography
Author: Ashish Srivastava
14. Make Your Home Classy With Hand Painted Canvas Art
Author: Elizabeth Epand
15. How To Take Care Of Your Costly Car Wraps? Essential Maintenance Tips
Author: Rene Navas