ALL >> Art >> View Article
Popular And Various Uses Of Ribbons
Total Articles: 1
People who are fond of crafts are invariably attracted towards ribbons. There are a variety of ribbons in different materials like satin, jacquard and grosgrain ribbon and the uses are varied. Those who are fond of it collect its various kinds and put them to good use. The main function of this item is decorative but some of the other purposes for which they are used are given below.
This is the new fad these days. People are becoming more and more conscious of various kinds of diseases and causes and this has resulted in ribbons being used to denote a particular disease and people wear it to show their solidarity against the disease and determination to fight against it and help and support others as well. Various colors are associated with different causes like AIDS, breast cancer or diabetes. This concept is said to have started in as early as the 1900s when a song was released called “Yellow Ribbon”. Yellow ribbons are often worn by women to symbolically represent their ongoing tribulations and trials. In some countries, wives actually tie these around trees if their husband is in some kind of danger, in the hope that they will return safely.
Hair bow making is one of the most widespread uses of ribbons and the fashion scene has seen its persistent explosion during early 2010. Most toddlers, infants or young girls are seen flaunting hair bows and it is becoming quite fashionable. The taste of the wearer decides the type of trimming used for the hair bow like silk, patterned or grosgrain ribbon. The hair bows are quite versatile by themselves as well. You can clip them to your shirt, hat or hair and enjoy the new look.
High fashion also makes use of this trimming. The runway or couture designing houses make high use of this item as one of the components to create fashionable looks. Petticoat is one such usage. Petticoats are actually skirts in chiffon style. They often feature many layers and bold colors. Often, a bow is featured on the front of the skirt in a ribbon that is color-coordinating. The hem has a lining made out of the trimming and these are hot favorites these days in infant and baby fashion.
One of the most important events for its usage is in a wedding. There is no aspect of a wedding where these embellishments cannot be used. They can be added almost anywhere and their additions help in making the event look a lot more personal and romantic, not to mention beautiful. Weddings have become more expensive and costs are slowly ascending. But ribbons are still available at a cheap price. They can be used at the back of the chair of guests, to decorate table settings, cake stands or cake tables and make the entire ceremony look elegant and lovely. Wedding favor bags are also decorated with the help of colorful ribbons to add a personal touch. Bridesmaids’ dresses and flower bouquets carried by the wedding party can be embellished with a silk or grosgrain ribbon as well.
Art Articles1. Choose The Best Schlafzimmer Bilder To Create That Perfect Ambiance For Your Private Room
2. Best Kunstdrucke Can Enhance The Ambiance Of Your Home Décor
3. Julia Fosson: Encaustic Art
4. Live Your Passion By Being Part Of A Photography Course
Author: Sophia Cruz
5. The Future Of Arts And Designing In India
Author: Rishabh Singh
6. Career Prospects For Those Artist Minds
Author: Rishabh Singh
7. The Ethnic Style Of The Ponchos
8. Knitted Ponchos Get More Notices During Winters
9. Ask These Four Questions Before You Hire A Video Production Company
Author: Urban Contour
10. Devin Suau's Young Friend Writes Children's Book To Raise Funds
11. Hire Aerial Filming Services To Document Work In Progress Of Mega Projects
12. Dance Classes & Music Lessons Make You Smarter
13. Dr. Chiufang Hwang's Memoir Grown-up Child Chronicles A Taiwanese-american Girl’s Culture, Chores An
14. Steps To Become An Interior Designer, From Designtab An Interior Designer Company In Kolkata.
Author: Design Tab
15. Birthday Gifts Ahmedabad - Handmade Designer Gifts
Author: WINKS OF JOY