ALL » Art >> View Article
Popular And Various Uses Of RibbonsBy Expert Author: Sara Scott
People who are fond of crafts are invariably attracted towards ribbons. There are a variety of ribbons in different materials like satin, jacquard and grosgrain ribbon and the uses are varied. Those who are fond of it collect its various kinds and put them to good use. The main function of this item is decorative but some of the other purposes for which they are used are given below.
This is the new fad these days. People are becoming more and more conscious of various kinds of diseases and causes and this has resulted in ribbons being used to denote a particular disease and people wear it to show their solidarity against the disease and determination to fight against it and help and support others as well. Various colors are associated with different causes like AIDS, breast cancer or diabetes. This concept is said to have started in as early as the 1900s when a song was released called “Yellow Ribbon”. Yellow ribbons are often worn by women to symbolically represent their ongoing tribulations and trials. In some countries, wives actually tie these around trees if their husband is in some kind of danger, in the hope that they will return safely.
Hair bow making is one of the most widespread uses of ribbons and the fashion scene has seen its persistent explosion during early 2010. Most toddlers, infants or young girls are seen flaunting hair bows and it is becoming quite fashionable. The taste of the wearer decides the type of trimming used for the hair bow like silk, patterned or grosgrain ribbon. The hair bows are quite versatile by themselves as well. You can clip them to your shirt, hat or hair and enjoy the new look.
High fashion also makes use of this trimming. The runway or couture designing houses make high use of this item as one of the components to create fashionable looks. Petticoat is one such usage. Petticoats are actually skirts in chiffon style. They often feature many layers and bold colors. Often, a bow is featured on the front of the skirt in a ribbon that is color-coordinating. The hem has a lining made out of the trimming and these are hot favorites these days in infant and baby fashion.
One of the most important events for its usage is in a wedding. There is no aspect of a wedding where these embellishments cannot be used. They can be added almost anywhere and their additions help in making the event look a lot more personal and romantic, not to mention beautiful. Weddings have become more expensive and costs are slowly ascending. But ribbons are still available at a cheap price. They can be used at the back of the chair of guests, to decorate table settings, cake stands or cake tables and make the entire ceremony look elegant and lovely. Wedding favor bags are also decorated with the help of colorful ribbons to add a personal touch. Bridesmaids’ dresses and flower bouquets carried by the wedding party can be embellished with a silk or grosgrain ribbon as well.
Art Articles1. Colucci Shares With Young Adults The Keys To Success In Everything
2. Add An Authentic Beauty To Your Home: Indian Handicrafts
Author: Pradeep N
3. Aquel Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Que Se Afrecha Cabe Ese Relato
Author: Selma Becnel
4. Un Alquiler Coches Baratos Madrid Retalla Este Paseo Emplástico
Author: Florine Bardsley
5. Plan Approval For B Khata Loan & Construction, Bbmp, B Form Home Loan Apply 9739667778
6. The International Comic Arts Forum
7. Twm Agency Ink And Tsunami Worldwide Media Announces New Clients
Author: 1888 PressRelease
8. The Drone Filming Services Can Help Document Work In Progress From Higher Altitudes
9. Customized Printable Calendar To Manage The Time
Author: : I mostly miss out the important meetings in offi
10. Find The Best Photographer Directory
11. Find Best Kunstdrucke From Online Gallery In Competitive Rates
12. The Online Gallery Is Your One Stop Shop To Find Wonderful Collection Of Schlafzimmer Bilder
13. Helping Kids To Improve Foundation Skills For Better Future
Author: Isabella Jones
14. Learn Piano For Your Own Mental Upliftment
Author: Carl Dukes
15. Piano Restoration – How To Care For Your Piano
Author: Carl Dukes