ALL >> Business >> View Article
Taxation Policy In Canada
Total Articles: 49
The taxation policy in Canada is governed by several policies which takes place under the federal government of Canada. The Canada Taxation has been formed under the Constitution Act in Canada which was first implemented in the year 1967. The powers related to the policies of taxation are vested in the parliament of Canada. The taxation was done at 2 levels, one of which at the federal level and the other one at the provincial level under the provincial legislatures.
Some of the main objectives of implementing the taxation policies include:
1) Rising the money by implementing the methods and the systems of taxation
2) Under the legislatures at the provincial levels by employing the direct taxation policy in order to raise the revenue to sort the needs and the requirements of the funds at the provincial levels. The taxes which are collected under the small states, provinces or legislatures are known as the tax havens.
3) Collection of money from the licensed business such as shops, Auctioneers, Tavern and other licenses in order to generate the revenues for the Local or the Municipal Purposes.
The municipal courts were assigned by the provincial legislatures in order to collect the direct taxes.
An example of the direct tax includes the property taxes.
The taxation policies as per the definition given under the Supreme Court of Canada in 1930 involved the following characteristics:
1) The taxation policies that are made by the government can be enforced under the federal law of Canada.
2) The Direct policy of the Canadian Taxation scheme can be imposed under the legislature authority.
3) The taxation policies of the government are levied under any public body.
4) The taxation policies are intended only for public purposes and for the benefit of the people.
In the year 1987 some amendments were made in the taxation policies for the non residents. The taxation policy for the non residents included all those people who either did not belong to Canada or reside outside Canada for more than 183 days in the tax year. The people who fall under this category had to pay the taxes according to a different taxation schemes. The taxation policy for the Canadian government collects the taxes from the non residents so that these taxes can be used by the government for the welfare of the people.
The taxation, be it the resident taxation or the non resident tax falls under two major categories.
1) Direct taxation: The direct taxation policy depends on the policies which look into the payment in the form of amount. Thus in cases of direct taxation policy the tax have to be paid in cash.
2) Indirect Taxation: indirect taxation is the taxes that have to be paid by the companies and the corporate in the form of revenues. These taxes thus are not paid directly by the people but the companies.
Thus the policies that are implemented by the government of Canada have been made in accordance with the needs of the government in terms of the revenues and funds and is implemented according to the planning and the strategy.
Josep Guardiola is a chartered accountant who practices as an independent tax consultant. He also author of tax havens, in this article he provides nonresident tax tips. For more information you can visit Taxca.com.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla