ALL >> Business >> View Article
Taxation Policy In Canada
Total Articles: 49
The taxation policy in Canada is governed by several policies which takes place under the federal government of Canada. The Canada Taxation has been formed under the Constitution Act in Canada which was first implemented in the year 1967. The powers related to the policies of taxation are vested in the parliament of Canada. The taxation was done at 2 levels, one of which at the federal level and the other one at the provincial level under the provincial legislatures.
Some of the main objectives of implementing the taxation policies include:
1) Rising the money by implementing the methods and the systems of taxation
2) Under the legislatures at the provincial levels by employing the direct taxation policy in order to raise the revenue to sort the needs and the requirements of the funds at the provincial levels. The taxes which are collected under the small states, provinces or legislatures are known as the tax havens.
3) Collection of money from the licensed business such as shops, Auctioneers, Tavern and other licenses in order to generate the revenues for the Local or the Municipal Purposes.
The municipal courts were assigned by the provincial legislatures in order to collect the direct taxes.
An example of the direct tax includes the property taxes.
The taxation policies as per the definition given under the Supreme Court of Canada in 1930 involved the following characteristics:
1) The taxation policies that are made by the government can be enforced under the federal law of Canada.
2) The Direct policy of the Canadian Taxation scheme can be imposed under the legislature authority.
3) The taxation policies of the government are levied under any public body.
4) The taxation policies are intended only for public purposes and for the benefit of the people.
In the year 1987 some amendments were made in the taxation policies for the non residents. The taxation policy for the non residents included all those people who either did not belong to Canada or reside outside Canada for more than 183 days in the tax year. The people who fall under this category had to pay the taxes according to a different taxation schemes. The taxation policy for the Canadian government collects the taxes from the non residents so that these taxes can be used by the government for the welfare of the people.
The taxation, be it the resident taxation or the non resident tax falls under two major categories.
1) Direct taxation: The direct taxation policy depends on the policies which look into the payment in the form of amount. Thus in cases of direct taxation policy the tax have to be paid in cash.
2) Indirect Taxation: indirect taxation is the taxes that have to be paid by the companies and the corporate in the form of revenues. These taxes thus are not paid directly by the people but the companies.
Thus the policies that are implemented by the government of Canada have been made in accordance with the needs of the government in terms of the revenues and funds and is implemented according to the planning and the strategy.
Josep Guardiola is a chartered accountant who practices as an independent tax consultant. He also author of tax havens, in this article he provides nonresident tax tips. For more information you can visit Taxca.com.
Business Articles1. Five Things You Could Be Doing Wrong While Choosing Your Renovations Team
Author: Stephen Kavita
2. Add Value To Your Lancaster Home With The Right Renovations & Remodeling
Author: Cory Frank
3. Get The Most Out Of Family Counseling
Author: Cory Frank
4. The Case For Composite Decking
Author: Blue Star Carpentry
5. Motivation & Support
6. What Is A Leased Line And Its Advantages
Author: Ketan Shah
7. Carpet Cleaning And Flood Damage Repair
8. General Description About Bolts
Author: Harpreet Chhabra
9. Garage Door Service Irvine
10. Carpet Cleaning In Tustin
11. Colorado Garage Door Company
12. Hollywood Hills Carpet Cleaners
13. Custom Home Bars Make The Perfect Spot For Your Home Parties
Author: Larry Lynch
14. Overview On Benefits Of Telco Cost Saving To Benchmark Your Business
Author: Amber Brake
15. Corona Del Mar Carpet Cleaning