ALL >> Computer-Programming >> View Article
Advantages Of Using Fleet Optimization Software
Total Articles: 6
Effective fleet management and efficient warehousing are the two main requisites of any successful logistics company. For an effective fleet management system, it is very important that the central planning department gets live feed on the current position of all its vehicles. When the logistic company is small the input data to be considered is less and so planning can be done manually. However, if the size of the logistic company increases sufficiently and it has several vehicles at its service, the amount of data becomes too large to be dealt with by a person. In such cases there are several software available in the market which helps in better handling of the available vehicles.
Using fleet optimization software is very common in large logistic companies. This software have provisions for accepting data about health of vehicles, shift timing of the driver, on route traffic, etc from the field and then plan the next logistic move accordingly. Advanced software is usually synchronized with the GPS systems installed on the vehicles and has live information about the vehicle's position and speed. Besides these tachographic facts, further modern equipments can be synchronized with such software to give up-to-date information about the wheel based vehicle rate, clutch switch position, braking mechanism performance and cooling engine status.
Using software greatly simplifies the work of fleet managers. All the priority shipments, source-destination information, route description, etc are fed to the computer, which with the help of the installed software does all the logistic calculations and formulates the best possible plan. This allows the software to distinguish an emergency transport like transport of medical equipments from non-emergency transport, and plan the shipments accordingly. Most logistic software are capable of operating on millions of data elements, which helps them to plan and re-plan quickly according to the changing situations. The computerized planning takes complete care of all road traffic, preservation garages, pick up and dropping sites and refueling stations. Software even ensures that no driver is overburdened and subjected to more than 10 hours of continuous driving. This helps in reducing the chances of road accidents.
The use of fleet optimization software not only simplifies the work of fleet managers and assist in better vehicle management, but also helps in reducing the transportation cost and ensuring timely delivery of goods at the client site. Moreover, the central monitoring department of the logistic company can have complete information about the current status of all its vehicles, so that they can attend to any emergencies at the earliest.
Reference Link: http://goarticles.com/article/Advantages-Of-Using-Fleet-Optimization-Software/7892728/
Computer Programming Articles1. Dotnet Training In Chennai
2. App Store Optimization Services | How To Increase App Downloads
Author: Richelle Guo
3. Customized E-commerce Portal
Author: cs infotech
4. In Java , How Can We Inherit The Constructor
5. Magento Ecommerce: The Perfect Fit For Your B2b Ecommerce Website
Author: Jonathan Paul
6. Put Things In Proper Perceptions With Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
7. In Java How To Control The Members With In The Class To Access Outside
8. Oops Concept Beginning And Important Steps Of Java Developers
9. 2 Most Important Factors To Take Care Of For An Impactful Web Design
10. Career Options For Java Learners To Make Bright Career
11. Servlet To Develop The Web Application Dynamically
12. Jvm Plays An Important Role In Execution Of Java Program
13. Techno - Software Maintenance Company
Author: Mr Paul James
14. Multithreading To Perform Multiple Task Simultaneously
15. 8 Tips For Your Ecommerce Mobile App Development
Author: Raju Katari