ALL >> Computers >> View Article
Types Of Malware To Be Aware Of
Total Articles: 15
Bots and Trojans
A Bot (short for Robot) is an automated program which allows your computer to be operated by other users. Generally, this malicious software infects several computers which allows sending a huge amount of spam email messages or executing Denial of Service attacks.
A Trojan (short for Trojan Horse) can be contracted with an email message or a usual file download. This software inserts a so-called backdoor to the system making it accessible to the unauthorized users.
Adware and Spyware
Adware and spyware programs are usually contracted when surfing the Internet. The main aim of adware is to expose Net surfers to commercial ads. For example, adware may cause a browser directing you to websites you did not plan visiting, or may trigger the appearance of pop-up advertisements on your computer. Generally, this malware is not dangerous, but its effects can be quite annoying.
Contrary to adware, spyware can be extremely harmful. This piece of software steals information from your PC and sends it to a third party. Spyware may steal your personal or financial information, passwords, bank account details, fax/telephone numbers, addresses, etc. At the same time it can collect information about your browsing habits. This may be information about the sites you visit or files you download.
Viruses are the most common malicious programs which have been around for quite a long period of time. Several decades ago viruses were mainly distributed by means of physical media, like floppy disks. However, in the days of Internet technology viruses are distributed online (via hidden documents or email attachments). At the same time, this type of malware can be contracted anytime you connect any type of physical storage (MP3s, flash memory sticks, etc) to your computer. The effects of catching computer viruses can be different, from minor annoying troubles to the severe damages of files and hardware.
This type of malicious software is extremely dangerous, as it helps executing the most harmful online activity - identity theft. A keylogger records everything computer owner types on the keyboard. This software allows cybercriminals getting access to passwords, logins, bank account information and codes a computer owner uses to access secure information.
With a wide variety of malicious programs ready to attack your PC, you need to learn how to protect yourself and your computer.
To protect your PC from the intrusion of malware it is necessary having a reliable antiviral program. Visit http://malwarelist.net/ to learn more on different types of computer security software.
Computers Articles1. How To Integrate Sales Form Online With Software For Business Enhancement
2. Stable Online Forms Service – Now At Your Doorsteps
3. Integrate Online Forms With The Help Of Salesforce Form Builder
4. Level Up Customer Interaction With Custom Salesforce Forms
5. Step-by-step Guide To Enter Www Norton Com Setup Product Key For Norton Setup
Author: Landy Corona
6. Resolving Microsoft Edge Browser Issues On Windows 10
Author: Ask Amy
7. The Significance And Assistances Of Computer Recycling
8. Things To Consider While Selecting T-shirt Designing Software For Apparel Business
Author: Pratik Shah
9. Safely Back Up All Your Data With Active@ Disk Image
Author: Ed Robinson
10. How Document Converter Software Helps In Ensuring Authenticity Of Converted Files?
Author: shashikant shukla
11. Best Tech Rental Services
12. Computer Smartphone Investigation Can Smartly Unravel The Truth Behind Your Suspicions
13. Fb Account Contact 1-850-316-4897 Technical Support For Facebook Group
Author: Parker Fourny
14. Get Technical Aid Via Facebook Tech Support Number 1-850-316-4897
Author: natali thomas
15. Learn How To Start Your Own Online Job Portal With Job Classified Script Portal
Author: sawati rawat