ALL » Insurance >> View Article
The Importance Of Proper Data ConversionBy Expert Author: Nate Rodney
Replacing legacy claim systems and re-configuring core claims management systems are complex projects with high risk factors. Once it has been determined that a new core system will be put in place insurers are faced with the task of moving data from one system to another. Mapping out a solid plan for a successful data conversion can’t be emphasized enough. A great start to putting together a plan is identifying who should be involved. The data conversion team should consist of but are not limited to IT personnel, business analysts, underwriters (if it is a policy admin conversion), data architects, claim supervisors, and representatives from each department. The root issue of most failed data conversion projects has been because conversion plans were not clearly mapped out.
Creating a data conversion checklist prior to moving the data creates a methodology that will help in creating possible solutions for problems that could occur. Keep in mind these limitations that can occur prior to beginning a data conversion project:
•Has the new IT system or IT process been fully described?
•What is the hardware or software environment?
•What will be the end-user environment?
•Is there an existing interface or process that is mandatory?
•What are the data depository and distribution requirements?
•What is the allotted amount of time required for the full conversion?
•Are there any security requirements?
•How much data in total needs to be converted?
When mapping the data’s conversion from the legacy system to the new model your next step in analyzing the source data will be crucial. With the ever changing insurance industry, carriers are now recognizing the importance of big data. Data is now used more tactfully and has become a high priority source to shed light on trends, and market changes. There will be risks that can affect the technical performance of the converted system including data quality problems. Data quality limitations included:
•Using multiple programs to compile data (i.e. Excel, Access)
•Data variations prior to system upgrades
Take into account all possible data variations and differentiation issues that may come up when converting data to a modernized claims processing system. Insurers are now using their data repository as a strategic advantage. A well-articulated plan needs to be put in place to map out how the data will be moved, the quality of the data, and how it will be used for historical analysis.
JDi Data Corporation has provided insurance claims software since 1992. Our product suite includes JDi Data insurance claims software for property and casualty, medical malpractice, and specialty lines. If you are looking for workers compensation software, JDi Data can be right choice as it has built a reputation in quality claims management software with special emphasis on complex litigation.
Insurance Articles1. Cheaper Alternative For Veterans Car Insurance
Author: Victor Cano
2. Is It Always Safe To Drive Too Slowly? Must Check Adverse Effects Of Slow Driving
3. Aquel Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Alicante Anilla El Apoliticismo Boricua
Author: Shalanda Staples
4. Un Alquiler Coche Barato Alicante Se Adiestra Ese Abuje Adoctrinador Con Aquel Telegrafista Se Conv
Author: Arlene Godoy
5. Un Alquiler Coche Tenerife Sur Donde Se Apendejea Alrededor De Este Intermitente
Author: Arnoldo Prowse
6. Que Alquiler Coches Alicante Se Desencapricha El Apellido Normal
Author: Elana Larocca
7. Mcx Commodity Trading Tips Provider India
Author: Santosh Sharma
8. How To Take Benefits Of The Auto Insurance Leads?
9. Compare Insurance
Author: aravind singh
10. Ark Insurance Provide Reinsurance Coverage Full Insurance Coverage Package
Author: aravind singh
11. Learner Driver Car Insurance With Affordable Prices For Adequate Coverage
Author: Victor Cano
12. Answers To All Your Doubts About Buying A Car Insurance Online
Author: Nansi Bhardwaj
13. Apartment Owners Insurance Northern California Company Offers The Best Solutions
14. How To Get The Best Car Insurance Deal In India?
Author: A comprehensive car insurance cover protects again
15. Bridge The Gap In Your Medical Insurance Claims With A Medical Aid Gap Cover
Author: Total Risk Administrators