ALL >> Business >> View Article
How Community Involvement Boosts Networking
Total Articles: 2
A great way to get involved in your community is to participate in charity events by donating your time and effort. The feeling that giving back to those less unfortunate than you can bring pure joy not only to those who received help, but also to you. As business professionals, it is our duty to remain involved in the community since they are essentially your customer base, but also to reflect a good image. The perks enormously outweigh the resources spent to become involved in the community and ultimately, make you feel better knowing you did something good for someone else.
Here are a few ways one could get involved in the community:
1. Joining A Charitable Organization- Nonprofit organizations don’t have the luxury of hiring a large staff to help run the daily operations, let alone the events thrown. By joining a charitable organization, you can help ensure things run smoothly by inputting your business expertise. Of course, remember that this is a commitment and will require your time, but to be able to witness the charities good works firsthand would make it all worthwhile.
2. Attending Charity Events- Many charities raise money by throwing events like galas, 5k’s, or festivals. Be sure to support the local cause by attending these events and contributing to their fundraising efforts. Not only will your money help the charity remain successful, but the events are usually a fun occasion and provide for some entertainment.
3. Becoming a Donor- If you can’t find the time to join an organization or attend the charity events they hold, you can still help out by becoming a donor. Find an organization that resonates with you and donate when possible to help them meet their fundraising goals. If you become a substantial donor, they will surely recognize your gratuity which will reflect greatly upon your professional image.
4. Starting Own Charity- On the opposite end of the spectrum, if you are extremely passionate about a specific cause but feel there isn’t adequate representation, begin your own charity. Of course, this is a massive undertaking and will require a lot of your time on your part in order for it to be successful. However, with a business background you are more likely to be able to make it successful with your contribution. This is the ultimate image booster since it shows personal initiative and philanthropy, the most desirable qualities searched for by employers.
Ultimately, the amount of community involvement you partake in depends on the level of commitment you can afford to spare. The more you represent yourself in the community, the better it reflects upon your personal brand and business. For instance, the National Association of Distinguished Professionals donates a portion of proceeds to the American Cancer Society, MDA, and Best Buddies Gala which exemplifies their involvement in the community. Partner up with some organizations and watch as charity work improves your morale as well as enhancing your image across the community.
Business Articles1. Business Process Improvement – Why People Need It
Author: Anthony Nosworthy
2. Manav Infra Pvt. Ltd. Are Fortifying The Infrastructure In Mumbai
Author: Mohan Kumar
3. The Southbourne Tax Group: Voices Preventing Tax-related Id Theft
Author: James Dillon
4. Why Foreigners Prefer To Buy Properties In Fiji?
Author: Milly Claudia
5. Things To Consider While Choosing Automated Access System
Author: John Jackson
6. Corporate Financial Planning Australia
7. Buy Healthy Products Online
8. Get Google Play Gift Card Codes (up To $50) For Free!!!
Author: google play gift card codes generator
9. 5 Things You Must Know Before Buying A New Boiler
Author: Jenny Duval
10. How To Choose The Best Flower Delivery Service In London, On
Author: Mary Dann
11. Find The Top 10 Humorous Stories Online
12. Strengthen The Promotion Of Magnesium Oxide Market
Author: hu Allen
13. The Team You Need For 55+ Adult Retirement Communities In Us
14. The Renowned Real Estate Agents You Need For 55+ Communities
15. Points To Note About 55+ Downsizing And Relocation Service